Royal Caribbean-30 year’s later

Greetings. Taking my wife, daughters & grandkids on Anthem of the Seas this Christmas; returning to Royal Caribbean almost 30 years after my first cruise ever, which was on Sovereign of the Seas. (Between then we have cruised on Carnival, NCL, and Disney.) Odd thing is Royal can find no record of the cruise to add to my profile. It was my first time traveling with my future wife (it was even mentioned along with a photo in a memoir I published.) I provided addresses, birthdates, wife’s maiden name; it’s not a big deal but I can’t stand when I know for certain I am correct and I sense the person I am speaking with doesn’t fully believe me. Even offered to send him photos with a logo on them. He did seem to be looking hard to find something and assured me the records go back that far. Any ideas? Should I just try another rep?

Odd thing. my story is just the opposite. We mainly cruise RCCL but have done a few on Holland America. Checking on my cruises with Holland, my Mariner number had me on a 7 day cruise 10 years before I ever cruised. So I have 7 more days in my account than my wife's. Isn't technology great ! I would call another RCCL agent and hopefully get a helpful one. Wish I had the name of the Holland guy, maybe you could be Diamond status!

Greetings. Taking my wife, daughters & grandkids on Anthem of the Seas this Christmas; returning to Royal Caribbean almost 30 years after my first cruise ever, which was on Sovereign of the Seas. (Between then we have cruised on Carnival, NCL, and Disney.) Odd thing is Royal can find no record of the cruise to add to my profile. It was my first time traveling with my future wife (it was even mentioned along with a photo in a memoir I published.) I provided addresses, birthdates, wife’s maiden name; it’s not a big deal but I can’t stand when I know for certain I am correct and I sense the person I am speaking with doesn’t fully believe me. Even offered to send him photos with a logo on them. He did seem to be looking hard to find something and assured me the records go back that far. Any ideas? Should I just try another rep?

Welcome home. I have a similar issue. I’ve not reached out to RCI at all assuming it was a long time ago and wasn’t worth the bother. I did my first cruise on Rhapsody in August of 1997 shortly after her maiden voyage. 7 night Alaska Cruise in a Jr. Suite. Then there was a 16 year gap between that cruise and my second; work; time shares and various other land vacations took priority. Of course I neglected to save any cruise documentation. I just figured it is not worth the hassle.

I’m interested to see what answers you get

Royal had no records of my first cruises 30 years ago on Sovereign also. Though I still had my paperwork and the ID card, card was lot different then last 29 years... Ended up getting credit. If you have the exact dates and any other info submit it to Royal online, I did and got the credit for missing 1988 cruises. Easy if you have a Crown and Anchor #,

Odd thing. my story is just the opposite. We mainly cruise RCCL but have done a few on Holland America. Checking on my cruises with Holland, my Mariner number had me on a 7 day cruise 10 years before I ever cruised. So I have 7 more days in my account than my wife's. Isn't technology great ! I would call another RCCL agent and hopefully get a helpful one. Wish I had the name of the Holland guy, maybe you could be Diamond status!

On another barely relevant side note. In the days prior to desktop computers, my brother in law had a nearly identical name to a non-related guy living 10 miles away. His credit record was destroyed, but he got all kinds of benefits at the Playboy Club of the time.

Bill, I remember exactly where the Playboy Club was in Columbus. I believe it was the old "Desert Inn" site, near the Kahiki ! I went to dinner before my high school prom at the Desert Inn with two other couples! The Playboy Club did not last too long. Go Bucks!