Bathrooms on POA

Casey2

I will be on the POA in 3 weeks. I have read conflicting things about the bathrooms. We have an inside cabin. Is there a shelf or someplace to put toiletries? Is an over the door shoe bag necessary?

Although I haven't been on Pride yet (Feb 2019), I can say this.........storage comes at a premium on any ship. An over the door bag of some sort certainly won't hurt.

I can't speculate what will be there and assuming wouldn't be prudent. There is a bathroom counter.....how effective it will be is questionable.

Another thing to realize is that Pride cabins are smaller than typical cabins on other cruiselines . ships. Most are 150....... these are 130 sqft (inside and balcony).

I can't believe we don't have any bathroom pics from our POA trip, but looking at my pics of the room there is some shelf storage right outside of the bathroom. I know that's where we ended up storing our toiletry bags because the bathroom was tiny. The countertop wasn't big enough to store items there. Here is a pic of the shelves right outside the bathroom. The bathroom is to the left of the entry way door in this picture. Hope this helps.

enhance

• 3 months later...

Do you know if there is a hook on the door? I'm thinking about bringing one of those shoe organizers that everyone talks about for extra toiletry space. I've also read that some ships don't like over-the-door hangers so I'm thinking about getting one that hangs on a hook.

I will be on the POA in 3 weeks. I have read conflicting things about the bathrooms. We have an inside cabin. Is there a shelf or someplace to put toiletries? Is an over the door shoe bag necessary?

We were on the POA last September. We had a AFT Balcony cabin and there were shelves to put your toiletries. There is also shelving in the shower and if I remember correctly there is a hook on the door an above the toilet for towels.

Have a great trip! You will absolutely love it!

Do you know if there is a hook on the door? I'm thinking about bringing one of those shoe organizers that everyone talks about for extra toiletry space. I've also read that some ships don't like over-the-door hangers so I'm thinking about getting one that hangs on a hook.

Yes, there are two hooks like to hang a robe on. Right below are the towel rods. There were also two side mirrors that opened up and little tiny glass shelves.

Storage space at waist height inside the bathroom is limited but tight, it is doable for our typical 3-1-1 toiletries. Under the sink is a long shelf where you can keep bigger unused items.

The following link with pictures - a very good one from #9600 (POA) - they are sized the same, whether it's Inside or Oceanview (ours) or Balcony ...

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/walk-thru.php?line=Norwegian&class=America&cat=Balcony

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/102/reg/37419-1452280481.jpg

Google is a good search friend to see images ...

IMO, an over the door style shoe hangers unnecessary unless you regularly travel with 25+ non-travel sized personal hair products, repack & leave some at home and downsize them to smaller bottles & tubes.