Norwegian shore Excusion "Classic Car Tour" in Cuba

marcyjane

Looking for someone that has done this tour with NCL Shore excursion that can tell us how if was and if you got to see a lot of things. Our Cuba cruise on the Sky coming up on April 16th is being cut short by 1/2 day in Cuba per NCL "maintenance" Problems so we want to make sure we see all we can. Also trying to decided about booking the Old & New Havana Tours on the 1/2 we are there though NCL Shore Desk.

Thanks for any information.

Looking for someone that has done this tour with NCL Shore excursion that can tell us how if was and if you got to see a lot of things. Our Cuba cruise on the Sky coming up on April 16th is being cut short by 1/2 day in Cuba per NCL "maintenance" Problems so we want to make sure we see all we can. Also trying to decided about booking the Old & New Havana Tours on the 1/2 we are there though NCL Shore Desk.

Thanks for any information.

I can only recommend OldCarTours.com. I did 2 tours with them on my NCL Sky cruise last year. I understand your cruise has been shortened. Maybe they can work with you and your time frame. The cars are beautiful and the guides are SO knowledgeable and funny. And the $$ goes directly into the hands of the PEOPLE of Cuba.

If you don't want to prebook anything, there will be tons of classic cars outside of the cruise terminal. Usual cost is 40 CUCs per hour. An English guide will add another 30 CUCs. You can get up to four people in a vehicle. Convertibles cost more than hardtops.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear in the original post.

We have the Classic Car Tour already book though NCL Shore Desk for the first day in Cuba. I'm lookin for someone that has been on that tour first hand that can tell me how it was and did they get to see a lot. Then if not we will book something for the next day that is only 1/2 day that were have in Cuba. Thanks

We have the Classic Car Tour already book though NCL Shore Desk for the first day in Cuba. I'm lookin for someone that has been on that tour first hand that can tell me how it was and did they get to see a lot. Then if not we will book something for the next day that is only 1/2 day that were have in Cuba. Thanks

Maybe we didn't make ourselves clear. The consensus and recommendations are to NOT book through NCL and to DO take a private tour. This way the $$ goes directly to the people and you get a fantastic tour.

Read through reviews last year about booking through NCL. Many did not have guides, just non English speaking drivers - no problem as long as you speak Spanish. But the price is much more than a private tour and the private tour will take you where ever you want to go. We took the 3 hour NCL bus tour and can't recommend it. We basically drove through town and past sites only stopping at the forts, statue and flea market. However, we did thoroughly enjoy the art museum and art projects tour through NCL.

Hop on hop off bus right at cruise terminal, departs every 30 mins. 3 hour tour w about 15 stops. 10 CUC per person and great views because it is open top double decker. What’s the NCL excursion, $400 for the car?

We did this cruise last August (VERY HOT!) loved it - we just got off the ship- walked to the square where there are many cars & drivers waiting to take you on a tour -it does help if you speak/understand some Spanish -you can bargain -don't take the first offer -but much better (and less expensive) than the NCL excursion and as someone said -the money goes directly to the person doing the tour. We signed up for a 1 hour tour which wound up being 2 hours and we paid the driver more than the asking price as it was so good (and still less than NCL) -Just saying!