MSC Seaside April 28th 2018

sidari

We missed the first formal night due to my foot injury so cannot comment on that one, the dress code suggested for these nights is Elegant, there is nothing Elegant about

shorts or baseball caps, the other nights were listed as smart casual.

Most people wore trousers and shirts men that is and most women wore a dress, skirt and top or trousers and too.

My other half commented that wearing hats in the MDR was rude and disrespectful.

We missed the first formal night due to my foot injury so cannot comment on that one, the dress code suggested for these nights is Elegant, there is nothing Elegant about shorts or baseball caps, the other nights were listed as smart casual.

My other half commented that wearing hats in the MDR was rude and disrespectful.

Totally agree re the hats!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will likely start on the Second review tomorrow if time allows and will add a link to our first as well.

I love reading your posts! I am sailing in 4 weeks and am looking forward to hearing your updates from what changed from your first Seaside cruise.

Sorry about your foot :(

I sense this now going off piste[emoji848]so to say[emoji848]. Looking forward to your review dave[emoji1303]oh and just for the record i believe if you don’t want to get dressed up use the buffet [emoji23]

Yep too many trying to bring MSC down to NCL level in terms of dining room clothing wear, would these people be allowed into a restaurant in shorts on land ?

Elegant nights people should be refused entry if they don't want to adhere to the dress code

Marco Massa attended the CC meeting and spoke and shook hands with everyone there.

Service drink wise has improved now they have increased crew numbers.

Had to visit the Doctor today, a case of Achilles Tendonitis which has put paid to doing things sadly.

Was lovely meeting you and Kerry Dave, pity that your foot did not get better quickly. Its a BIG ship to get around at best.

Have to agree on Captain Marco...he is a real asset to MSC. After two weeks on board he was greeting us and speaking to us like he has known us for a while..very warm and genuine. Cant say enough about him and the way he runs the ship :)

We missed the first formal night due to my foot injury so cannot comment on that one, the dress code suggested for these nights is Elegant, there is nothing Elegant about

shorts or baseball caps, the other nights were listed as smart casual.

Most people wore trousers and shirts men that is and most women wore a dress, skirt and top or trousers and too.

Which dining room where you in Dave...we were Ipanema early (5:15) and they turned everyone with shorts away on the Elegant nights ...had a few grumpy people just in front of us leave complaining about being turned away...Smart walking shorts and golf shirts were worn by many guys on Smart casual nights which I think suits the climate and can still be smart..but 100% agree -.hats/caps in dining rooms are just bad manners and disrespectful :mad:

Hi Ess ... It was great to meet you guys also, still putting the cream on my Achilles and ankle which is improving but still sore so doing my best not to walk around so much especially as both ankles are still swollen. It was so nice of you to go and bring the cream from your cabin.

We were in the Seashore dining room, this is where MSC falls down and let`s itself down with the Left hand not doing what the Right hand is doing, if Ipanema was turning people away then they should be doing the same in Seashore. I can understand the wearing of shorts and T shirts on the other nights though.

I was impressed that Marco Massa went and spoke to everyone individually at our meeting, I sent him a question via his "ask the Captain a question box" we received a reply and a bottle of champagne which was a nice to receive, have to say though that we both think Pier Paolo Scala was better lol.

The group photo was not so good though, at Xmas they took 2 by splitting the group but everyone who was there got both, well almost everyone we know of a few who did not get them.

We hope that you enjoyed the cruise along with Ros and Geoff along with Gill and her husband.

Hi Ess ... It was great to meet you guys also, still putting the cream on my Achilles and ankle which is improving but still sore so doing my best not to walk around so much especially as both ankles are still swollen. It was so nice of you to go and bring the cream from your cabin.

We were in the Seashore dining room, this is where MSC falls down and let`s itself down with the Left hand not doing what the Right hand is doing, if Ipanema was turning people away then they should be doing the same in Seashore. I can understand the wearing of shorts and T shirts on the other nights though.

I was impressed that Marco Massa went and spoke to everyone individually at our meeting, I sent him a question via his "ask the Captain a question box" we received a reply and a bottle of champagne which was a nice to receive, have to say though that we both think Pier Paolo Scala was better lol.

The group photo was not so good though, at Xmas they took 2 by splitting the group but everyone who was there got both, well almost everyone we know of a few who did not get them.

We hope that you enjoyed the cruise along with Ros and Geoff along with Gill and her husband.

Hi Sidari, I love reading your reviews and information from the last six months. Would you be able to tell me what the current theme nights are? I heard there is a country western night but I wasn’t sure.

we were in line for dining room breakfast, and a guy was turned around due to sleeveless shirt.

We also saw MANY times, the pool attendants stopping parents from entering pool with children in arms or otherwise...

nice

I am currently doing review on my blog, have a post here detailing same

LOVE MSC

Would love a link to the blog post, we're cruising B2B 6/2 and can't wait to get on board.

My pleasure Dave....Bummer that the heal/ankle is still not better. We def dont heal as easy as we did when we were young ;p

Yea agree...there need to be consistency .... I suppose each Dining room has its own Matre D / Head and that may be where the discrepancies come in. I really think that having Elegant Nights add to the cruise experience and people should either get with the program or go enjoy the variate in the buffet ...not hard to figure out.

With the M&M: They should have split our photo into two groups too I think...the week before was much smaller so everyone fitted, but there were just to many for this one. Great get togethers MSC put on though ...was impressed :)

..and yes we both had a GREAT time on the cruise (loved every minute), including meeting Ross, Geoff Gill and Trevor. ..Ross and Geoff doesnt live to far from us so we will def keep in touch .

Hi Sidari, I love reading your reviews and information from the last six months. Would you be able to tell me what the current theme nights are? I heard there is a country western night but I wasn’t sure.

Maybe I can help Katey

we did a 14 day and on both weeks there were 2 Elegant nights (Formal) . . . .a Gatsby night (first Elegant night), a white night, a 60's/flower night, a pirate night and a Cowboy night....very few of the passenger dressed up except for the white night ..I did for Gatsby, 70's and white night.

Hi Ess ... As far as I understand there is one Matre`d who looks after both dining rooms but I may be wrong, it was a nightmare trying to get around the ship though a wheelchair was offered ... :') the injury meant that we were unable to actually get around to sit with people and speak to them or get to the White party or any of the others, even to the point of having to miss the Black and Welcome back party and first Gala night, had there been no pain the limping around I could have managed with.

Even now it is an issue to rest it in bed though it is improving day by day as long as I try and rest it as much as possible, gives me a chance now Kerry is back at work ...:D

From memory you and Mark ? are not too far away from Ros and Geoff in terms of distance, are you guys still on the ship or have you returned home now ?

If we manage to get back to your side of the world again at some point who knows we might have chance to drop in especially with Kerry`s brother still living near Noosa.

Hi Ess ... As far as I understand there is one Matre`d who looks after both dining rooms but I may be wrong, it was a nightmare trying to get around the ship though a wheelchair was offered ... :') the injury meant that we were unable to actually get around to sit with people and speak to them or get to the White party or any of the others, even to the point of having to miss the Black and Welcome back party and first Gala night, had there been no pain the limping around I could have managed with.

Even now it is an issue to rest it in bed though it is improving day by day as long as I try and rest it as much as possible, gives me a chance now Kerry is back at work ...:D

From memory you and Mark ? are not too far away from Ros and Geoff in terms of distance, are you guys still on the ship or have you returned home now ?

If we manage to get back to your side of the world again at some point who knows we might have chance to drop in especially with Kerry`s brother still living near Noosa.

Yea..Geoff and Ross are on the Gold Coast and we just below the Sunshine Coast on Bribie Island about an hr from Noosa, so would be great to catch up if you make it Down Under again..and no we got off same time as you. Our first week was from the 21st. Wish I was still there though :)

We missed you at the Welcome Back ....was a great time though. Keep resting that leg...hopefully will be back to normal soon

Ess ... Kerry was watching catch up on one of her programmes and there was a competition came up for a stay in Noosa and on the Gold Coast lol.

We are headed out to Singapore in September for the Formula 1 GP for 4 nights and then on a 4 night cruise to Kuala Lumpur and Phucket, should be interesting.

We decided to stay on the ship until 10.30 again and had a few Chocolate Martini`s at the Venchi bar watching all the groups go by as their time slot came up, then we strolled down to the gangway, down to security, outside and straight into a taxi to our hotel with no queues.

It was sad to see that MSC allow people to wear baseball hats in the Dining room in the evening and shorts on Elegant night ... :mad:

On the May 5th sailing I saw people turned away on formal night wearing shorts but in general I thought MSC was pretty lax on the dress code.