MSC Seaside April 28th 2018

sidari

Hi! Can you please record one song from us from a show....it's called NEVER ENOUGH (from the Greatest Showman movie) and is sung at the end of the 2nd night I believe.

If you did, that would be so nice. We really miss the performance!

Here's a youtube version of it.

Can people who have cruised Seaside recently talk about the ship and if the first sailing issues have been fixed/corrected? Flooding, smells, bad bathroom plumbing, etc.

I am looking at a 09/2018 cruise, on an itinerary that I would really like.

I am also going on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas in October 2018. To participate in a group on a Princess cruise. I am NOT a person who cruises a lot ... but 2 in one year!? Actually, it would be 3 in 2 years. I went to Cuba in 2017 on NCL.

My heart and stomach are doing flip flops. Open to any recommendations, suggestions, feedback. Thanks.

Almost anything complained of that could be fixed, has been.

- no more smells (beyond the norm)

- all pax now eat in main dining rooms, rather than spiffed up buffet

- no plumbing problems being reported (beyond the norm)

- buffet food has been "upgraded" - more variety, most pax seem more than satisfied

- no more opera (much to the dismay of at least some of us)

- few complaints of staff not speaking/understanding english

Some things can't be fixed of course, such as lack of a walking/running track.

And some things still need to be fixed such as more shade in the YC :)

- buffet food has been "upgraded" - more variety, most pax seem more than satisfied

Totally agree....and as for shade in YC...I wouldn't count on it. Due to location on ship.....very difficult to put up canvas type cover due to wind and no protection to buffer the winds

Can people who have cruised Seaside recently talk about the ship and if the first sailing issues have been fixed/corrected? Flooding, smells, bad bathroom plumbing, etc.
New reviews and discussion have been posted extensively over the last few weeks in the forum here. We sailed three weeks ago and it was simply fantastic with no issues at all. All the first sailing issues and worries I had were resolved in our opinions and our Seaside cruise couldn't have been more pleasant.

New reviews and discussion have been posted extensively over the last few weeks in the forum here. We sailed three weeks ago and it was simply fantastic with no issues at all. All the first sailing issues and worries I had were resolved in our opinions and our Seaside cruise couldn't have been more pleasant.

When you consider, it is quite remarkable how seriously MSC management took the complaints and how quickly they resolved them.

Things like swapping out the buffet dining for a third shift in the MDR is quite a logistical feat!

Also, rapidly changing buffet menus for variety - most lines go years before swapping out menus!

Thank you so much for the reply and info.

What are 'normal smells' and 'normal plumbing issues'? Thanks.

I'm glad they really listened to their customers, it shows good business practice, but a tad bummed on a couple of things, but not a big deal. I was actually looking forward to dining in the converted buffet area, as I thought it kind of looked nicer than the dining room, and with a much better view (from photos ppl have posted). Also was looking forward to experiencing an opera show, as I've never been to one IRL and wanted to see what it's like. It would be the only time I would be able to convince my husband to go with me. LOL

Thank you so much for the reply and info.

What are 'normal smells' and 'normal plumbing issues'? Thanks.

Ships plumbing/bathroom waste are wonky generally; if someone throws something into the toilet that they should not, it can cause backups which are quite smelly. A call to engineering quickly solves in most cases. In the meantime, if you walk by the affected area, you are likely to get a whiff or two.

We've experienced that on virtually every cruise (not our plumbing/bathroom, but walking down a hall and getting a whiff, often seeing the engineering team at the same time).

It typically is random caused by pax behaviour, rather than centered on a particular w.c.

Marco Massa attended the CC meeting and spoke and shook hands with everyone there.

Service drink wise has improved now they have increased crew numbers.

Had to visit the Doctor today, a case of Achilles Tendonitis which has put paid to doing things sadly.

Marco Massa attended the CC meeting and spoke and shook hands with everyone there.

Had to visit the Doctor today, a case of Achilles Tendonitis which has put paid to doing things sadly.

No! Hope you are better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences on the Seaside. I'm still over 500 days away from my first MSC cruise but I'm anxious to learn all I can before embarkation day.

Have a great trip!

Phantoms girl ... Read our original review from December.

Nikki ... Managed to get to the Helmet Trek underwater tour, bit tricky climbing down the underwater ladder but we'll worth it.

Asked Marco Massa a question via his ask a question box, got his reply with chocolate strawberries and a bottle of Champagne, very nice. Food has been good again so far with lotsl of choice in the Buffet.

Had a wander around the YC last night also had a free drink.

So sorry to hear you needed to visit the ship doctor and I hope you are feeling better ! That's a big ship to navigate and not an easy task to do in pain.

I don't want to intend to seem like an insensitive person but can you tell us a little about visiting the ship doctor ? I have luckily never had to use this service in my 10 plus cruises. Do they require a payment at the time of service and do they accept medical insurance ? Any other information about your experience that might be helpful to us fellow cruisers ? TIA

Phantoms girl ... Read our original review from December.

Nikki ... Managed to get to the Helmet Trek underwater tour, bit tricky climbing down the underwater ladder but we'll worth it.

Asked Marco Massa a question via his ask a question box, got his reply with chocolate strawberries and a bottle of Champagne, very nice. Food has been good again so far with lotsl of choice in the Buffet.

Had a wander around the YC last night also had a free drink.

I hope you didn’t take any photos.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nikki ... Not one photo taken by myself! :Dnow my other half.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

As for a visit to the Doctor there is a fee of 95 Dollars, plus any bandages, plus the cost of any medication, the charge is added to your onboard account

It was sad to see that MSC allow people to wear baseball hats in the Dining room in the evening and shorts on Elegant night ... :mad:

Was this a common occurrence? I'm all for people being comfortable on their vacation, however, I'm also all for following the rules that are in place. My husband and teenage son would MUCH rather wear shorts to dinner and do so when we sail NCL as that is their dress code policy. We are packing pants for the evenings for DH and son on this cruise and they will be frustrated if they are in the minority. What was your experience Sid? Mostly following dress code with a few that broke the rules? Or more guys wearing shorts then pants? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was this a common occurrence? I'm all for people being comfortable on their vacation, however, I'm also all for following the rules that are in place. My husband and teenage son would MUCH rather wear shorts to dinner and do so when we sail NCL as that is their dress code policy. We are packing pants for the evenings for DH and son on this cruise and they will be frustrated if they are in the minority. What was your experience Sid? Mostly following dress code with a few that broke the rules? Or more guys wearing shorts then pants? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed Divina and twice on the Seaside. We saw people turned away from the MDR on formal nights due to how they dressed. We had men in tuxes and women in gowns, but most men were in suits and ties with women in cocktail dresses on the formal nights, and buttoned down shirts and sundresses for the other nights. Much different than on NCL, the whole ship has a more formal feeling.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app