Oceania not bother answering emailed queries??

Bobtails12

I am interested in booking an Oceania cruise and I have filled in the form on their website 3 times now asking to be contacted - nothing. Surely this stuff isn’t that hard?

i suppose that is my point - they offer online contact- and yet they don't seem to be well monitored or responded to.

i would understand if they didn't sell direct - but they do- so should answer queries.

and i am sorry but i don't want to spend 30 minutes possibly talking to a 22 year old trying to upsell me on something- when i have a clear idea of my queries.

however as cepholopedia above kindly pointed out - this is their flaw - they do the actual hospitality( hotel/beverage/ food ) aspect reasonably well. but are not good communicators.

its a bit annoying when you are first time customers - as feel this is the first impression- its kind of like you hear a restaurant might be nice - but they never answer their phone- cause they have so much walk in business they don't need reservations. how hard do you try to still go if it's not in the near vicinity - maybe they are worth or maybe not- but not a good first impression.

no - it should be just the link to the USA website for the other poster on their query on how to get to the USA website( searching from europe you are auto redirected to euro website)

i contacted oceania through eu website contact form page.

apologies if the link is not working right- i am not the most technical- it should have been for oceania USA website - when i link in it takes me to oceania ************ - USA site.

probably then pavovsky's method of looking via hola if you are looking.

I do have a vpn - so that is probably why i am finding it.

then i would follow pavovsky's good advice on hola.

I do not understand

The link you posted is NOT Oceania's website

My comment about the VPN was to LAIS but it can work for others

then apologies if link does not work - bit i get am getting into the oceania website from it- selling oceania cruises only logo- so if you need to access that site you seem to know how to do it already yourself better.

My point is

the link you posted is a TA site NOT Oceania

Back to celph’s point. During the Zuckmeister vs Congress affair a Senator held up a ninety page booklet of the terms and conditions FB users agree to when using the site. The Senator then asked the Zuckmeister if he thought the users actually read that document.

Here on CC, we have people that never look at stickies, even consider using the search function, and will start a new thread with a near identical titled one part way down the front page.

So my question is, if Oceania published the massive volume laying out policy for most every conceivable issue, would many cruisers read it? Or, would they stand in line to ask the question again? Should Oceania publish, and constantly update as needed, said manual, and then have its CS personnel just point at a sign saying “Have you read your manual?” Or would that be rude as in asking people here if they have read the other 20 threads on Oceania dress codes or on bringing wine and liquor aboard, and what possible question do you have that hasn’t already been answered?

What are the expectations?

[quote name=Bobtailslink below hopefully works and is the USA site with 800 number on top with USA pricing.

https://www.cruiseoceania.com

Hope that helps - i just open two pages side by side to do a comparison - its possible other cruises than the ones i am looking at have less difference in pricing( i use xe.com for exchange rates) but also look at the life benefits - i am offered just 1 life benefit beverage/ excursion/ 200 obc vs USA site is 200obc plus possible transfer voucher plus 1 life benefit BUT the obc offered is 800. and maybe some had transfers too - can't remember.

but with USA site you could end up with 1000 abc vs 200 offered in euro site so you need to work that into your pricing.

This link is the same search engine used by several on line travel agencies. You in put the cruise you want then it tells you to call Oceania. It only shows cruise only pricing and nothing else.

Hola has bad reviews in the App Store and it is not free and sounds like not worth the hassle.

Oceania.com will come up in Euros and states pricing for european residents only.

I have a contact at Oceania that I can email and I have contacted him for pricing but I want to look at the cabin availability and specials that are different here in Italy. I can’t call the 800 #. My Verizon doesn’t work here and I can only call cell phone to cell phone via what’s app or Viber

So I have to wait another 6 weeks until I get home and take it from there.

Thank you for your help.

Well I’m sitting here in Italy wanting to book my next cruise. I can only get the Oceania website with Euros and European pricing. One particular cruise I’m looking at has O life plus meaning it includes all the goodies plus the gratuities minus the air. After converting the Euros to USD the cost would be $7000 USD. I email my guy at Oceania and he quoted me $9000 w/o air or gratuities. So the pricing is much better in Europe.

How do you find the USA website?

I’m tired of texting my friend in the U.S. to look up cruises for me.

This will happen with a lot of sites when you are looking at them overseas, so it is not O alone. We travel extensively (4-6 months overseas annually) and, even registered with O, I could not get the website to show me USD ... same with other travel websites I use regularly.

What finally solved the problem was installing VPN. You can google it for more information, but it essentially allows your computer to “pretend” it is in a different country. So, when I am overseas, I pick the US as my country, and voilà...everything in USD. Conversely, here in the US, I like to stream some TV shows from another country. Well, the streaming app was blocking me so that I could only see the shows after the end of the season. Now, with VPN, I can change my location, and watch the shows the same day they are televised there.

There are free services and paid ones. After trying a variety of the free ones, we opted to get paid service, which, in our case, improved the bandwidth and the streaming experience. We opted for HotSpot Shield ... there was a special deal that allowed us to buy a lifetime subscription for a reasonable amount for up to 5 devices. Has been working great. It can slow your connection, though, so you need reasonably good internet speed to begin with.

Anyway, it’s something you can research to see if it works for you.

This link is the same search engine used by several on line travel agencies. You in put the cruise you want then it tells you to call Oceania. It only shows cruise only pricing and nothing else.

Hola has bad reviews in the App Store and it is not free and sounds like not worth the hassle.

Oceania.com will come up in Euros and states pricing for european residents only.

I have a contact at Oceania that I can email and I have contacted him for pricing but I want to look at the cabin availability and specials that are different here in Italy. I can’t call the 800 #. My Verizon doesn’t work here and I can only call cell phone to cell phone via what’s app or Viber

Thank you for your help.

Look at an app such as WePhone for making calls to/from overseas. You just need wi-fi to do so (or you can use your data plan if you don’t have restrictions). We use it to call family overseas all the time ... can call mobiles and landlines ... the latter was important because my mom’s smartphone-challenged :').

When we are in the US, we use it to call just about any country overseas when we are planning our trips. We have it on all of our devices. You add whatever $ amount you want to your account (we do so through PayPal) and top off as needed. $25, for example, can last us a good long while because the rates are very low — even with the premium setting we chose for better connections.

When we are overseas we use it to call the US ... again for very low per-minute charges.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry if Hola did not work. I have used before and it was fine for that but would not expect streaming from it or would I put in credit card info.

An alternative secure and reliable one is tunnel bear. They have a limited free service which would allow you to access websites but that would be in sufficient for services such as Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will happen with a lot of sites when you are looking at them overseas, so it is not O alone. We travel extensively (4-6 months overseas annually) and, even registered with O, I could not get the website to show me USD ... same with other travel websites I use regularly.

What finally solved the problem was installing VPN. You can google it for more information, but it essentially allows your computer to “pretend” it is in a different country. So, when I am overseas, I pick the US as my country, and voilà...everything in USD. Conversely, here in the US, I like to stream some TV shows from another country. Well, the streaming app was blocking me so that I could only see the shows after the end of the season. Now, with VPN, I can change my location, and watch the shows the same day they are televised there.

There are free services and paid ones. After trying a variety of the free ones, we opted to get paid service, which, in our case, improved the bandwidth and the streaming experience. We opted for HotSpot Shield ... there was a special deal that allowed us to buy a lifetime subscription for a reasonable amount for up to 5 devices. Has been working great. It can slow your connection, though, so you need reasonably good internet speed to begin with.

Anyway, it’s something you can research to see if it works for you.

Wow! I love your past travel itinerary.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make to begin with was that it’s not really more expensive for out of USA cruises. I found the cruise I wanted had extra benefits if I was European and $2000 less; this in response the the poster who was saying it cost more over here. Then it turned into VPN’s. Lol

We do fine calling who we need to with WhatsApp and Viber. If I really needed to call landlines then I would just pay the Skype fee. I can watch tv or whatever with Amazon prime but we haven’t gone there yet. So far 3 months without tv.

It’s just me and my IPhone. Lol

This thread kind of went off the subject of the OP.

Wow! I love your past travel itinerary.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make to begin with was that it’s not really more expensive for out of USA cruises. I found the cruise I wanted had extra benefits if I was European and $2000 less; this in response the the poster who was saying it cost more over here. Then it turned into VPN’s. Lol

We do fine calling who we need to with WhatsApp and Viber. If I really needed to call landlines then I would just pay the Skype fee. I can watch tv or whatever with Amazon prime but we haven’t gone there yet. So far 3 months without tv.

It’s just me and my IPhone. Lol

This thread kind of went off the subject of the OP.

Well it was certainly interesting. I was going to ask for a comparison between Azamara and Oceania but think I will search for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums