Luggage Tag Info

pudy68

What info do you put on your luggage tags?

I have always used my name & WORK address.

I've read that it's not recommended to use your HOME address since this gives "folks" a heads-up that your house might be unoccuppied for a while.

What do you think?:confused:

I only put my first initial, last name, and home telephone number on my luggage tags. I prefer not to put my address out for public viewing. I do realize that a determined thief could use my phone number to obtain my address, but I think they are more likely to steal luggage info with the address readily visible.

Since I am retired, I have no work address to use as an alternative. Also, whether you can use your work address depends on where and what type of place you work at.

I use a business card enclosed in a protective luggage tag holder.

The phone I use is my cell phone.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I hope if my bag is lost it will also be found and returned to me soon - while I am still on my trip and my home number would do me no good. I always have my cell phone with me and can respond to any messages in a more timely manner.

I put my itinerary including hotels, ship name and sail dates, and personal contact info in the slot. I do not have any info that is visible through the window, however. I never use a business card, because that can be sensitive depending upon who you work for and what you do.

Hi GloriaF,

I do have one bag that uses my business card, but as for cell #'s, they don't work in most locations that you're cruising. (If they happen across your bag while you're in the continental US, then that would be good.)

Flamomo - I was thinking the sme thing you mentioned about the thief using your home ph to cross to your address on the internet. There's really no privacy available. It's a vulnerable world today!:eek:

Archived