3 Meal Specialty Dining Package

gs627

I last cruised on NCL in November 2017. At most of the specialties, your SDP got you one entree, but unlimited appetizers and desserts,. I think La Cucina they allowed you to order multiple entrees.

But here's something you guys probably don't know:

You can transfer the SDP between people in your same cabin. You just need to ask them to charge that person in the cabin instead of yours, once you run out.

For example, I was sharing my cabin with my 7-year-old. He doesn't like the specialty meals, and just orders from the kid's menu (free). So his 3 SDP goes to waste.

But it doesn't! Because once I used up my three specialties, then I charged my next three specialty meals to him. This can always be done. If your server says no, ask for the manager, and they will ALWAYS do it for you.

Furthermore, always speak up at a specialty when something isn't to your liking. Portion too small? Speak up. Meal wasn't good? Speak up. They will ALWAYS make it right for you. They are trained to be accommodating and to say "yes", as opposed to other NCL employees (such as the front desk) which often will reject your requests for exceptions.

Finally, NEVER leave the ship with an incorrect folio. Always check it carefully (they will slip it under your door on the final morning), and do not disembark before the problem is fully corrected. Do NOT let them give you some "check is in the mail" BS, and demand printed proof that the problem was corrected. It is very difficult to fight incorrect charges once you're off the ship.

But here's something you guys probably don't know:

You can transfer the SDP between people in your same cabin. You just need to ask them to charge that person in the cabin instead of yours, once you run out.

For example, I was sharing my cabin with my 7-year-old. He doesn't like the specialty meals, and just orders from the kid's menu (free). So his 3 SDP goes to waste.

But it doesn't! Because once I used up my three specialties, then I charged my next three specialty meals to him. This can always be done. If your server says no, ask for the manager, and they will ALWAYS do it for you.

Incorrect. The Specialty Dining Package is non-transferable. This prevents people from buying a longer package at a significantly discounted price and sharing it.

From NCL

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR MY FRIENDS WITH A SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

Incorrect. The Specialty Dining Package is non-transferable. This prevents people from buying a longer package at a significantly discounted price and sharing it.

From NCL

Specialty Dining Packages are for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

That in itself doesn't mean that they won't actually do it if you ask.

To be clear, I have no experience of this, so am not saying whether it will or won't work.

From NCL

You didn't read my post carefully.

I didn't say you can transfer the SDP meals to anyone on the ship.

I stated that you could use someone else's SDP within the same cabin as you, as I did with my son.

The NCL term you quoted makes it against their rules to use one of your SDP credits on a friend.

So let's say I take my friend John to dinner, who doesn't have the SDP. I can't tell NCL, "Charge both meals to my SDP!" They would cite the term above, and refuse.

However, again, if you have two people in your room, and the second one isn't going to dinner with you, then you can just bring both cards down and pay for your friend's meal that way.

So let's say I take "John" to Cagney's, and I leave my son at the kids center. I just need to bring my son's card down to the restaurant, and hand that to the server to pay for John's meal. 100% they won't know or care what's going on.

100% they won't know or care what's going on.

They will know but you are correct that they probably won't care. When the son's card is swiped (to use the SDP credit), the son's picture will show. Whoever swipes the card probably won't notice or care but technically, it isn't supposed to be done.