You Loose your Promo Accepting an Upsell

cruzsnooze

I think the easiest way to check what happened is to check the booking number for the first reservation and the booking number for the 'upsell.' If different, it was a re-booking and the perks are lost.

This is still not valid. I did a price reduction last week and lost my promos but still had the same booking number. I saved more money than my promos were worth so it was a win for me.

The OP could have "upgraded" and kept the same booking number but lost his perks as the promos have changed.

If he had cancelled and rebooked (which would have a new booking number) it would be even more confusing as he was in huge penalty mode.

Book with a real TA and not an order taker. A real TA would not have allowed this to go through with out their client fully understanding. A real TA looks out for your best interest.

Agreed. Like I said earlier, I think the key phrase in the original post was "my big box TA". Good OBC but no service. My TA would never make a blunder of this kind. Of course, if it was any time prior to just before final payment I would likely still have control of the booking myself and there is no way I would take an upsell without making sure of the terms in regard to previously agreed perks.

We can officially put this thread to bed...and perhaps it can be deleted as the title is misleading folks. Here is the official Princess response on their Facebook page in response to someone named Holly that asked them directly about this exact situation:

Princess Cruises

Hi, Holly. This information is incorrect. When a guest accepts an upsell offer, the amenities of their original promotion remain the same.

Phew! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk