Should I be worried about the Summit?

cruisingforever20

I'm onboard the Summit this week. As a first-time cruiser on it, IMHO there are several areas for improvement but none that should dissuade you from sailing her if you enjoyed your last trip. The cheaper cabins like mine could use new beds and more storage space. The buffet seats are quite the mix of different chairs, from fold-out metal chairs to decent wooden ones. But like others have mentioned in previous posts, the service so far has been excellent and I have not seen any significant issues relating to overcrowding.

Summit is usually at least 6-7 months of the year a port intensive cruise. If your reasons for cruising are to see the ports rather than worry about rust on some obscure wall then you are fine. You don't elaborate on what exactly bothers you about recent reviews so I'm not going to address that. I am currently on summit on a b2b that started on 4/11 and I'm having a nice time. My needs are simple. Working gym equipment, internet has been the best on this ship for 11 days now - able to watch westworld in HBO go at gym this am on the elliptical, nice cabin attendants, good food at oceanview. And the ports were great. It beats being at my stressful job as a nurse any day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Summit on Saturday . The staff is amazing ! The food is delicious in all areas! We had no complaints at all! Embarkation and disembarkation were the smoothest we have ever experienced in our 21 cruises!She is an older ship, but in great shape.Entertainment was great too! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Just curious as we will be sailing to Bermuda on Summit in June for the 4th time. What time did they start boarding? And what time did you arrive at the port?

Summit is usually at least 6-7 months of the year a port intensive cruise. If your reasons for cruising are to see the ports rather than worry about rust on some obscure wall then you are fine. You don't elaborate on what exactly bothers you about recent reviews so I'm not going to address that. I am currently on summit on a b2b that started on 4/11 and I'm having a nice time. My needs are simple. Working gym equipment, internet has been the best on this ship for 11 days now - able to watch westworld in HBO go at gym this am on the elliptical, nice cabin attendants, good food at oceanview. And the ports were great. It beats being at my stressful job as a nurse any day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

HBO in the cabin too? That would be cause for excitement for me, considering the usual tv offerings.

Just curious as we will be sailing to Bermuda on Summit in June for the 4th time. What time did they start boarding? And what time did you arrive at the port?

The last four years from Bayonne there was not a time I was not on board by 11 - 11:30. We usually get there around 10-10:30. They make the announcement that they wont start until 12 but I have always been a few drinks in by then.

As far as the OP, go. I love this ship.