Another pool/splashaway bay question

We will be travelling on Independence with our fully toilet trained toddler in a few weeks... I’m finding it hard to find concrete info online about whether she will be allowed use the small slides in Splashaway Bay as she is potty trained? She wouldnt be big enough for the bigger slides and it will be a bit of a disaster trying to keep her away from the smaller ones as she’s not going to understand

We will be travelling on Independence with our fully toilet trained toddler in a few weeks... I’m finding it hard to find concrete info online about whether she will be allowed use the small slides in Splashaway Bay as she is potty trained? She wouldnt be big enough for the bigger slides and it will be a bit of a disaster trying to keep her away from the smaller ones as she’s not going to understand

There is no problem with smaller children using the slides in the swim diaper area.

If she's fully potty trained she should be able to use the kids area (for potty trained), but not sure about the non potty trained area.

We sailed with DD on Allure when she was 2 & potty trained. We were questioned every day by staff about her being potty trained (b/c of her age). One day she was more excited about the area for non-potty trained & headed there. We were stopped & told that if she went in there she couldn't go back in the bigger kid area--only non potty trained in that area.

All that said, when we were on Allure again last year, they didn't seem to care if kids were potty trained or not (despite the signage).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought on another post you indicated your daughter was 3-1/2. If so, that's not a toddler. Most people think of toddlers as under 2 - having just learned to walk, hence toddle. Splash pad area is usually for babies and little ones. You might find staff would question an "older child" being in there. She might find the bigger slide a challenge! Just a heads up that she probably can use both, but be prepared for staff to ask questions. They might tell you one or the other to stop people trying to use big kid area in swim diapers.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

I thought on another post you indicated your daughter was 3-1/2. If so, that's not a toddler. Most people think of toddlers as under 2 - having just learned to walk, hence toddle. Splash pad area is usually for babies and little ones. You might find staff would question an "older child" being in there. She might find the bigger slide a challenge! Just a heads up that she probably can use both, but be prepared for staff to ask questions. They might tell you one or the other to stop people trying to use big kid area in swim diapers.

No, she is still 2, turns 3 next week five weeks before we sail. She will be 3-1/2 for cruise in December but that ship doesn’t have the slides so shouldn’t be an issue!

What I’m getting from all the responses is it’s open to interpretation which I don’t like as I know RC can be inconsistent

No, she is still 2, turns 3 next week five weeks before we sail. She will be 3-1/2 for cruise in December but that ship doesn’t have the slides so shouldn’t be an issue!

What I’m getting from all the responses is it’s open to interpretation which I don’t like as I know RC can be inconsistent

All they check for is a swim diaper (and that isn’t that often). If they aren’t wearing one they can go in the bigger kid area. If small they should be fine to go in the baby area too. They will (sometimes) keep unattended big kids out of the baby area.