Help, Jewel of the sea cabin 7670 obstructed view

We are booking Panama Canal cruise on Jewel of the Sea. Cabin 7670 is available, but says obstructed view. It would be $500.00 more to pick a different cabin. Does anyone know what the obstruction may be, or how bad it is? It is right near a suit that sticks out a little, wondering if that may be the problem? Just dont know what to do. Hope to hear from someone who has had this cabin.

Thanks,

We are booking Panama Canal cruise on Jewel of the Sea. Cabin 7670 is available, but says obstructed view. It would be $500.00 more to pick a different cabin. Does anyone know what the obstruction may be, or how bad it is? It is right near a suit that sticks out a little, wondering if that may be the problem? Just dont know what to do. Hope to hear from someone who has had this cabin.

Thanks,

It's the washer unit they use to go back/forth to clean the Balcony glass and one for glass below. They use it 1-2 times a week on a port day. Then part of blockage is the hull, it sticks out a bit. Doesn't block much it's just there. I'd take it for the price difference... I'm on Jewel Canal also! Cabin 8168 B2B East and West next yr...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Also keep in mind that balcony cabins on deck 7 (don't know if it's all balconies though,) are obstructed looking down due to the life boats below. Our deck 7 balcony was obstructed looking down. But we had a great larger balcony due to the end of hump location--my personal favorite! But we did have to look straight out to see the water. Certainly not a deal breaker, but I've learned to choose cabins on deck 8 for that reason.

The view obstruction downward at the back of deck 7 for Radiance class ships is the extended out roof of the lounges below as shown in the shot below.

Since the balcony panel cleaning platform is for decks 8 to 10 its lower portion is actually above deck 7 and isn't right at the back of deck 7.

The main obstruction for cabin 7670 balcony is the ship's corner superstructure.

850108775_P3151865(2)(602x700)(430x500).jpg.da0821d22972ffe698c36032ee653e2d.jpg