To Russia with Love

Thanks for following along everyone. Despite the rain we’re having a hoot. Did I say rain? Folks it rained pretty much all day today. Sometimes harder than other times but it rained all day. The Viator Coffee Shop & Local Food Culture Food was really a great time. Our guide was late so it started off rocky but ended up being a good time. We covered the culture of marajuana in Amsterdam. We visited multi coffee shops, food, church, old town etc. Really beautiful.

We then met up w/ Rick & Barbara at the tram stop earlier tonight and went to dinner. Somehow we settled on Chineese and had a great meal. We then headed over to the Red Light District for at look see. After walking a few blocks taking in the sights. Sounds, & vibe... we checked that off the Amsterdam bucket list. We eventually stopped for an Irish Coffee to take off the chill our bones before we headed back to the hotel. From Dam Square, we took 16 back to the Emma Stradt stop to reach the Hilton South (Apollolaan)

On a personal note, it was really nice to see our friends. We’ve all shared so many things together (& sometimes separately). This is the first cruise together though and making memories w these guys just seem so right. I didn’t mean to get mushy but I love these guys.

Ok... tomorrow we go to Anne Frank home/museum. A bit of info you need to know, if you plan to make this same visit, set your calendars to alert about day 60 from when you actually want to visit. This is when your tix go on sale. Typically in one or two days afterwards, they are aold out on certain dates and times. Buy them as soon as you can to the 60 day.

It’s been a wonderful trip already and we haven’t got on the boat. That changes tomorrow! Time for some rest. We both had a fun day today.

The rain continues. We have 45 mins to reach the Anne Frank house and it’s windy, cold, & raining. So we taxi for $18 euros. The Anne Frank house was nicely organized. At 9:30 right on schedule they let us in. We were completed with the tour by 10:45. This one included pit stops & gift shop. A nice way to end our stay in Ansterdam.

Due to dry docking, they’ve pushed sail away one hour back. Now at 6pm . We have time to chill a bit, grab our bags & a beer.

Next stop Brilliance of the Seas!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We will board the Brilliance June 9 in Amsterdam and are also staying pre-cruise at the Amsterdam Hilton (also using points). Your information so far has been extremely helpful! Thanks again from a fellow Texan!

Thanks for the reports on the adventure so far. I certainly hope that you brought some weatherproof gear ;p. We certainly hope that getting on the Brilliance brings you clear weather and smooth sailing ahead :D.

We boarded yesterday w ease. Our first GS allowed us to skip a pretty good sized line and boom we’re on the ship! The first thing we noticed was the smell of new carpeting! Our suite is nice. A corner aft cabin #1600. It’s comfortable and also has new carpet and furniture. Luggage arrived shortly afterwards. We’re good! Lunch at the WJ & was crowded us usual on day one but always good.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

At 5 we head to the CL. It’s busy. Have couple of drinks then we head across the hall to Viking Crown which is now called the Starquest. Anyway we meet some more roll call members. We have late seating (8:30pm) for dinner at a large table. We find our buddies and head to the MDR. Service and crowds seem so confusing on the first night buthings finally fell into place. Enjoyable dinner. Although our other table mates have already abandoned us. LOL. They asked us if we spoke Brazilian. I must admit I did attempt to learn a few key words in Dutch & German but I didn’t even think about Brazilian! Anyway we couldn’t communicate at all so they politely requested a new spot going forward which is exactly what you should do.

Tonight is formal night already. We’ll pass on this one and catch the 2nd formal evening. Tonight we do Giovanni’s @ 6:30. It will be our first of four dinners purchased online the Specialty Restaurant plan.

In a few mins we go to the Meet & Mingle. We were not given a notice in our cabin but the Concierge confirmed it at 10am in the Colony Club. Just over 100 has registered.

The sea is a beautiful blue green.

After neraly two years of planning, our 15 month old reservation is coming to fruition as we're leaving in a few hours to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary! We're headed out for a 15 day cruise that goes to Scandanavia & Russia on Brilliance of the Seas. 9 cities/15 days. I hope to be posting some along the way. Jump on board. I'll post as often as I can. Bags are packed and waiting on an Uber!

Next stop IAH - Houston to Amsterdam w/ a change of planes in London, via Brittish Airways

Congratulations for your 40th anniversary.

You have picked a great itinerary and ship and i hope you both have a fantastic time.

Graham

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Meet & Mingle was attended by a sparse crowd as once again notices were NOT delivered to any of the rooms. Because of this my odds of winners by something like ncreased. And so .... I won the relatively expensive bottle of Champagne. The key word there is ‘relatively ‘. We were told that a re-do will occur on day 5.

Not all state rooms received the nice upgrades. But 1600 did. New carpet, bed, sofa, chair, and furniture. Today we have no rain. It’s beautiful out but chili. I type this on the balcony. There is more work to be done as we were told the carpet cam in two days late. I know the balcony railing was sanded but not re-varnished yet. Not complaining though. We walked much the ship today. It’s in great shape. They also have a complete new set of dancers & singers on board. That will make their debut tonight.

Test. I guess posting pics isn’t going to happen. I’m struggling. Does anyone have a link w instructions? I have plenty pics but need a bit of help to get them posted,

4EF418BD-FF12-4C46-919B-CC0D6F32CB16_zpsay05tqk7.jpeg.html

The new cruise critic forums app has what looks like a small and large white pyramids inside a grey square which you click on and it will take you to your photos,click on which ones you want to post and click send.

Graham.

The new cruise critic forums app has what looks like a small and large white pyramids inside a grey square which you click on and it will take you to your photos,click on which ones you want to post and click send.

Graham.

You must first click on reply to a post as it doesn't work on quick reply.BTW your test photo didn't process.

Test. I guess posting pics isn’t going to happen. I’m struggling. Does anyone have a link w instructions? I have plenty pics but need a bit of help to get them posted,

4EF418BD-FF12-4C46-919B-CC0D6F32CB16_zpsay05tqk7.jpeg.html

The easiest way to post photos is to use a smartphone app, such as Tapatalk.

If you are using a PC, then you must upload to a photo sharing site such as FlickR, and then include a link to the photo in your CC post.

The easiest way to post photos is to use a smartphone app, such as Tapatalk.

If you are using a PC, then you must upload to a photo sharing site such as FlickR, and then include a link to the photo in your CC post.

I use my Android phone and the cc forums app has recently updated but i have rarely had a problem posting photos.

I use my Android phone and the cc forums app has recently updated but i have rarely had a problem posting photos.

I've read reports of people having some issues with posting photos using the Forums app.

I've read reports of people having some issues with posting photos using the Forums app.
I had to update the app a few weeks ago because forums were down.

The new app has the 2 pyramid logo back which i click on to go to my photos.

I have noticed you have to click on to reply a post as if i click on quick reply the logos don't appear.

Hi Goodtime! We will be in cabin 8102 on the May 28th Sailing. It's the last cabin next to the elevators in the Centrum (deck 8). I am kind of curious how late the music plays in the Centrum and if it's noisy around our cabin. If you are really bored one night and feel like walking around, please go to our cabin and see how loud it is! (If there is a party in the Centrum, I should be at the party, not in my cabin!)

Have a great cruise! We are enjoying your live review.