Uber from Hobby

Does anyone have experience taking Uber from the airport to Galveston? Also, I am more concerned with taking Uber from the port to the airport. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Is it difficult to do?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone have experience taking Uber from the airport to Galveston? Also, I am more concerned with taking Uber from the port to the airport. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Is it difficult to do?

We had no problem getting a Uber vehicle at the RC cruise terminal in Galveston, which is # 2, after our Vision cruise last November. We only took it as far as Texas City, nearby on the mainland, to pick up a one way to Hobby rental car as we were flying out the next morning and wanted transportation for our departure day so didn't take it all the way to Hobby. Uber was showing available as soon as we were out of the terminal.

Have no fear. You will not have any issues unless you arrive at some strange hour. Plenty of drivers waiting on rides. The same at the port.

We had no problem getting a Uber vehicle at the RC cruise terminal in Galveston, which is # 2, after our Vision cruise last November. We only took it as far as Texas City, nearby on the mainland, to pick up a one way to Hobby rental car as we were flying out the next morning and wanted transportation for our departure day so didn't take it all the way to Hobby. Uber was showing available as soon as we were out of the terminal.

What did it cost for the Uber to Texas City?

What did it cost for the Uber to Texas City?

I believe it was $17 for a standard size vehicle to the Budget car rental at the Sears in the Mainland Shopping which is on the Lowry Expy just off of I-45 Gulf Fwy in Texas City. This was done on our cruising friends' credit card so I can't confirm the actual cost.

It was definitely cheaper and quicker than a taxi which had a very long line up to get at Galveston's terminal 2.

I believe it was $17 for a standard size vehicle to the Budget car rental at the Sears in the Mainland Shopping which is on the Lowry Expy just off of I-45 Gulf Fwy in Texas City. This was done on our cruising friends' credit card so I can't confirm the actual cost.

It was definitely cheaper and quicker than a taxi which had a very long line up to get at Galveston's terminal 2.

Not a bad price. I'd be using Avis in Texas City. and I've read that a taxi can be $50 to that office.

How much was the drop off fee? When I had priced them, the drop off fee was just to much.

Not a bad price. I'd be using Avis in Texas City. and I've read that a taxi can be $50 to that office.

Bob, we paid $50.00 for both of us to go from Hobby to the Enterprise car rental on the Island. Then another $50.00 for both of us to get back to Hobby after the cruise.

Bob, we paid $50.00 for both of us to go from Hobby to the Enterprise car rental on the Island. Then another $50.00 for both of us to get back to Hobby after the cruise.

This was a taxi?

How much was the drop off fee? When I had priced them, the drop off fee was just to much.

There was included drop off to Hobby and unlimited mileage with the $39 charge for a full size car at Budget, Texas City. Taxes and fees added another $10 so our final cost was $49. I returned car full so gas was not included in this charge.

I initially priced the only car rental company on Galveston island, Enterprise and their price was over 3X more with their huge drop off charge to Hobby so that's why we went to Texas City to pick up the rental car.

... I initially priced the only car rental company on Galveston island, Enterprise and their price was over 3X more with their huge drop off charge to Hobby so that's why we went to Texas City to pick up the rental car.

That's been our experience too, ridiculous prices at that Enterprise.