What broadway play?

George C

Please continue with any suggestions on plays that you have seen. I am also waiting to see who is playing at 54 below and Carlyle room which are both excellent night clubs with some big name talent . 

On 3/30/2024 at 2:35 PM, Broadwayfamily said:

Hi, Has anyone seen Hadestown, wondering what you thought of the show?

I saw the original production in Vermont in 2006.It was excellent.

My wife and I saw theatrical productions all over the US and Canada between 1973 and 2018.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:35 AM, Broadwayfamily said:

Hi, Has anyone seen Hadestown, wondering what you thought of the show?

Hundreds of reviews here: https://www.show-score.com/broadway-shows/hadestown-broadway 

You will get much more info from a site like that then just a few replies here.  IE:  @George C liked it.  I didn't like it.  My wife thought it was ok.  But Show Score gives you more info, like things to compare it to.  Casts change, too, so my experience may be quite different than yours.  For instance, we LOVED Hamilton almost every time we saw it.  But one time we attended, the actor playing Hamilton didn't have the same charisma, so we didn't think it was as good.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Hundreds of reviews here: https://www.show-score.com/broadway-shows/hadestown-broadway 

You will get much more info from a site like that then just a few replies here.  IE:  @George C liked it.  I didn't like it.  My wife thought it was ok.  But Show Score gives you more info, like things to compare it to.  Casts change, too, so my experience may be quite different than yours.  For instance, we LOVED Hamilton almost every time we saw it.  But one time we attended, the actor playing Hamilton didn't have the same charisma, so we didn't think it was as good.

The cast does have a huge part on my thoughts on how I like it , some stars can carry a show , I doubt we would have liked Waitress as much if Sara Barillies wasn’t starring in it. Wife just booked our flights, going to New York is a little early but now we can book a possible show that night.

We have good tickets to Hamilton for Friday and most likely will go to 54 below to see Soundheim unplugged ( would highly recommend seeing a show here very talented singers and musicians in a rather small nightclub). Will try to get to a Katz to get a pastrami sometime, also pizza is a must and our favorite restaurant Becco’s .