Docking in Stockholm, not NYNASHAMN??

Lily'sMum

We are sailing on the July 25 Baltic cruise on Eclipse... just noticed our cruise planner has changed from Nynashamn to Stockholm. We are excited about this change, but thought that the ship was "too big" (or something) to get into Stockholm itself?? Any one else notice this change or know why? Want to make sure we can rely on this as, in fact, the new itinerary. Is this now where all Celebrity ships will be docking?

If you go to the website portsofstockholm.com you can click on Stockholm or Nynashamn and a particular date and see who is in port. This site shows the Eclipse to be in Stockholm on July 29th. Unfortunately not all Celebrity ships will be docking there as the Silhouette will still be docking in Nynashamn in June for our cruise. I imagine it's because we overnight there. Would much rather dock in Stockholm!

Lilly's Mom - we are on the 25th Eclipse sailing also and we received an email a couple mo this ago that we are docking in Stockholm not Nynashamn. The sail in is supposed to be one of the most scenic to experience. We have a rollcall started if you are interested in joining.

Kathy

We cruised the Baltic on Eclipse a few years or so back and docked right in Stockholm. The sail in and out through the archipelago is stunning and takes a few hours.

Being set on a group of islands, the best way to get around in my opinion is on the HOHO boats which cost us 100SEK or 10euros each all day back then so may be slightly more now. We 'hopped on' near to the ship and travelled around the islands ending up back at the ship at the end of the day. If you choose to do this then bear in mind that these boats get full when everyone is trying to make their way back to the ship an hour before it sails. If you happen to be at one of the last stops before the one where the ship is docked then you may not get on (as happened to us) so we walked back a stop or two and to our relief managed to get on one in time for our sailaway.

If you choose to dine in Tuscan Grille at any time during your cruise then this is the night to do it as you sail away from Stockholm. The view out the back of the ship is as good as you'd get from any restaurant. Request a window table overlooking the ship's wake. Marvellous.

Have a great cruise.

Solstice class ships have always docked in Stockholm, they are not too big. Norwegian Getaway and RCL Voyager class and bigger have to stay out (most of the time...) and dock in Nynashamn. They just changed Breakaway from Stockholm to Nynashamn for the full summer season 18. Also Regal Princess and MSC Fantasia class are at the edge to go in, most of the time no.

It is also cheaper for the cruise line to dock outside...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go to the website portsofstockholm.com you can click on Stockholm or Nynashamn and a particular date and see who is in port. This site shows the Eclipse to be in Stockholm on July 29th. Unfortunately not all Celebrity ships will be docking there as the Silhouette will still be docking in Nynashamn in June for our cruise. I imagine it's because we overnight there. Would much rather dock in Stockholm!

We are overnight on Silhouette in August and at present supposed to be docking in Frihamnen, hoping we don’t get moved to Nynashamn.

Lilly's Mom - we are on the 25th Eclipse sailing also and we received an email a couple mo this ago that we are docking in Stockholm not Nynashamn. The sail in is supposed to be one of the most scenic to experience. We have a rollcall started if you are interested in joining.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy... I must have missed that email... I'll have to look back and see if I can find it. Happy about it nonetheless!