Wheelchair assist

Kinda embarrassed to ask this, but....

Was suggested I get wheelchair assist checking in for person I’m traveling with (NCL - NY). My question is does someone from the cruise line actually push her or am I expected to do it. I won’t be able to push her and carry the carry ons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was suggested I get wheelchair assist checking in for person I’m traveling with (NCL - NY). My question is does someone from the cruise line actually push her or am I expected to do it. I won’t be able to push her and carry the carry ons.

Someone from cruise line will push her. Register with the Cruise line's Special Needs desk.

Hi

You just have to ask for assistance when arriving at the terminal. You would also be able to for similar assistance for the debarkation process.

You don't say what the issues might be for your travelling companion, will they be able to manage during the course of the cruise...getting on and off the ship at ports for example. You could check the "disabled cruise travel" threads, if there are any questions. Would renting an mobility scooter be of any help? If so you will find helpful information in those threads.

have a great cruise

Thanks all. One less thing to worry about. She just can’t walk real long distances. It is on the cruise documents so we should be ok. As long as I don’t have to push her & juggle suitcases. Lol

Indeed they won’t let you wheel them up, even if you wanted to.

Mr S has never been prevented from wheeling me on board - at embarkation, disembarkation or any other time!

Mr S has never been prevented from wheeling me on board - at embarkation, disembarkation or any other time!

Interesting, they have NEVER let Mrs Gut wheel me up, always insisting crew do it.