Our Awesome 20th Anniversary spent on the Glory 4/28-5/5 Eastern picture review!

rdh rules

Shoot ......this post was supposed to be before #100. Sorry it went with the lunch pictures ......

We got back to our room and was pleasantly surprised with gifts from a friend back home. She sent a drinking bottle, 3 pack of chocolate and $10 Cruise cash photo. Well there went the plan of not letting the Carnival photographers take 1 picture of us!!! We headed up to Lido and I placed the order for the lobster roll and my husband went to Guys. We split the roll and it was mighty tasty. It was a mild crab salad with a fresh roll. The fries were actually the best part. I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t had fried in a while or they were just awesome! They weren’t greasy like guys, they were golden brown with a light crunch. I added malt vinegar and ketchup and it was perfect.

We had Eduardo tonight and really enjoyed his team. I had the cannelloni, Caesar salad and peach soup. My DH has the ceviche and soup as the appetizer. Main course I had a filet that was not on the hub app menu worth creamed spinach and broccoli. My husband had the shrimp curry. We were stuffed and wanted the bitter and bland and smore parfait but we couldn’t do another bite. We knew they would do our tiny cake and sing for our anniversary so we waited and took it to go. We dropped of our dessert and got a seat for the love and marriage show. I have always wanted to do the show but my DH says no everytime. We had a good change this time as the middle couple too since it was our 20th today but he said no. They pick the newest married and oldest married then for the middle the guys have to win the applause by doing their best Tarzan yell. It was hilarious as usual. We headed to bed after so we could get up early. Quest was playing next and that’s a good game too but I was very tied!! Next stop San Juan 7am!!!

Puerto Rico day! Well let’s just say San Juan, we didn’t explore outside of that. Woke up around 7 and we were already docked and they started letting people off about 7:15. We got ready and headed to port breakfast in the Platinum dining room. I did not take any pictures of breakfast this morning because I do not think I changed my menu at all. Since it’s been over two weeks now I honestly don’t even remember. I had to look at the fun times to remember what I did. I do remember sitting at a large table of 10 with the same servers from the night before and they remembered my name [emoji5]

According to my first picture off the ship It was around 8:45 and we headed to explore the city. Our plan was to walk to the fort and then shop and have lunch at a restaurant that served mufongo. We started walking away from the ship and got stopped by several people offering us tours. My DH surprised me and actually listened to one guy give a spill and show photos and he said that it was only $15 a person and he would show us all around the city. DH said for only $15 who cares if it sucks, let’s try it out. We got into one of those buses that hold about 30 people and we’re off around the city. He took us around to government buildings and the college and then to couple different stops to take pictures of the water. He was telling us the history of Puerto Rico and San Juan and sharing about the hurricane damage. That part was rather interesting as I’m sad to say I really didn’t know how the US came about owning Puerto Rico. He did explain that since San Juan is the most tourist area that the government decided to fix it up first and then use the money from tourism to help the rest of the country. We only saw a couple of buildings that were still damaged. He drove to both of the forts and we stopped at del Morro and took pictures and he said that we could stay there if we wanted or he would then take us back to town and drop us all off to explore on our own. He recommended café Puerto Rico for mufongo and he told us how to get back to the ship.

We headed to Fort Cristobal and paid $7 per person. As we were walking into the entrance, my DH found a Carnival Glory cruise card. We asked the gentleman at the entrance if they had a loudspeaker and he said they did but it was not working. I explained to him about the Cruise card and he says that they find quite a few left behind. I said well this person is going to be very upset as they’re not going to want her to enter back on the ship without it. It will be a mess for her. I decided to go onto social media and search her name to see if I can find her. It was funny that she was the first person in the list of names that popped up. I knew it had to be her because she had just updated her picture with the ship and her family and then there was another picture of HMC, LOL I sent her a private message and then we started to walk around and look for her. My DH saw a girl that looked like her and said her name. She looked at him surprised and he showed her the card. She was so excited and said that her husband was outside searching everywhere for it for the past 30 minutes. She was so thankful and said she would give us a hug if she wasn’t so sweaty as it was another toasty day but San Juan had a nice breeze. She had her cruise card in one of those plastic lanyards that she bought on the ship and she said that was the second time it fell out. I showed her mine which was hooked through the hole into my lanyard. See, social media isn’t all bad[emoji849] We ended up seeing her and her family a couple more times that week on the ship. And she responded when we got back on the private message thank you so much for trying to find us.

We went about going through the fort and exploring and then watched a video of the history in the air conditioning! I started to fall asleep sitting in there watching a video, It felt so good! We left the fort and headed to the shopping area and bought some souvenirs and checked out a couple of very cluttered thrift stores.

We then went to Café Puerto Rico. It was packed inside but they had two seats available outside under an umbrella. We took them and it was a great lunch with great service. I forgot to take a picture of the menu but I got some kind of chicken breast with garlic and they had sweet potato fries which I absolutely love. My husband got the mufongo and I had a mango daiquiri. We spoke to two women that were on the huge MSC ship that was next to us here and we saw them in Miami. They were having an awesome time and said the ship was gigantic but was very nice. It was funny that one of the women live in North Carolina and the other one in Virginia. Then while we were talking another woman had come up that lives in Durham,NC. On the ship every single person I met was from up north or out west so it was funny to meet people in San Juan that were close by. It was nice sitting outside as you could watch the people and there was a little park across the street. After lunch we headed back to the ship at a leisurely walk and was back on by 2:30. 30 minutes to spare!