Our Awesome 20th Anniversary spent on the Glory 4/28-5/5 Eastern picture review!

rdh rules

We headed to dinner at almost 9 and Eduardo was full so we just picked 1st available. They sat us in a corner that was dark, sorry for the pictures. I had the mussels, mango soup (one of my favorites), prime rib (was happy since I missed it lobster night), baked Alaska and chocolate ice cream. DH had French onion soup and ricotta ravioli.

After dinner, we were wondering if it was still raining. We were still on deck 3 and saw that one of the sides were closed off but the opposite side was open. We walked out there and the deck was wet and it was indeed still sprinkling. We took a couple pictures and was just standing there enjoying the silence and the waves. This crew member came up behind us and said “HEY! you aren’t supposed to be here. It’s dangerous out here, it’s raining!” I said it’s not blocked off like the other side. He said “you guys need to go it’s closed”. We both proceeded to walk towards the door and as I pushed open the door there is a wooden ramp heading down. With my wet wedge sandals on, I slid down the ramp and my right foot tried to come out of the sandals and I caught myself at the door. Me and my husband just laughed and that guy looked at us and pointed and said “SEE! I told you it was dangerous!” And then he walked away and went towards the elevators. The door was still open to the public and another couple went out there after us. I don’t know if this guy was just wanting to use his authority or what, because why would he tell us to leave and then leave and still not close the main doors or put a sign up??? Unfortunately that fall caused a bruised heel and it is just now getting better [emoji17]

We got our free drinks and I remembered the lip sync competition. We only caught the tail end of it. Then we headed up to walk around the Lido one last time in the dark. We sat our luggage out and headed to bed on our last night.[emoji25]

Debarkation Day.... Woke up to beautiful Miami with a gray sky. You have to be out of the room by 8:30 and we debated about going to breakfast early then heading back to get our things so we wouldn’t have to mess with our luggage. We decided to take all our stuff and went to our last port breakfast in the Platinum MDR at 7:30. We just left our carry-ons right on the side of the entrance. We sat at a table of 10 with only eight of us. We had an interesting conversation with a retired couple from New Zealand. I did not take any pictures of my food that morning because I did not get anything that I had not tried. The only difference was I finally asked for over medium eggs in my breakfast bowl which made it so much better as I do not like runny whites. We stayed till about 9 even though they close at 8:30 as we were talking. They gave you two options to hang out on Lido or Promenade deck and wait for your zone to be called then head down to Deck 3 Fwd. We choose deck 5 as there is more comfy chairs and even found outlets for our phones. It was very quiet as everyone was recovering from vacation. There was a major delay that morning and they were still calling the self assist at 9. I heard later that it was because of customs taking too long with not enough staff. At 10 they were still calling zones in the teens and everyone was supposed to be off at 9:45. They finally said everyone can get in line and get off at 10:40. We made our way down to deck 3 and said see you later but not goodbye to the Glory. As we walked to go downstairs, I saw the waiting room in the port was already completely full and wished I was with them. Our luggage was all the way at the end when we walked through the port, we grabbed a porter and stood in line for customs. I have found the porters will always get you through the line quicker and are always pleased with a $10 tip. The porter took us outside to the middle section where people were waiting on their shuttle buses. You could see the very long line of people waiting to get in the port. I contacted Lyft and in about 5 minutes, we were being picked up and heading to the airport.

We had never been to Miami, only Fort Lauderdale and looked at many options including the cruise's excursions for the day. We had decided to store our luggage at the airport and take the public bus to South Beach and back. I have never taken a public bus in America and was excited. We had looked at renting a car for the day so we could just store our luggage in the car, but then we didn't know about the parking situation at SOBE. If we had decided to go to the Everglades, we would have rented a car then. It was $18 for Lyft and then to store the luggage was $28 ($10 checked, $9 each carry-on). We headed to the bus station and a nice man was there to tell us where we needed to go and we bought passes for the day on a kiosk for $11.30 to get on/off as many times as you wanted. This 150 bus route starts at the airport then heads to SOBE as it's last stop. There's about 10 stops in between and took about 30-40 minutes for the one way trip. It was a very clean bus and only 1/4 full and it rained on/off our trip. Everybody got off before us, so we moved up front and asked the driver where we should go. He let us off at the last stop which was SOBE's park entrance and told us Joe's Stone Crabs Restaurant was a popular place to eat and then told us where the beach is and where to go to get back on. We headed to the park and pier then the beach. They were filming something on the beach. We walked behind the beach and went in/out of stores. We did eat a late lunch at Joe's Stone Crabs around 2:30. It was a nostalgic restaurant established in 1913 and the waiters still wore the red suits. We ate inside as it was hot/humid outside. This was our last hooray before our stricter eating regimen so we ate the homemade bread, split the crab salad, I had the crab cake sandwich and DH the seafood fry. We ended with creme brulee for dessert. It was all delicious with great service and I would highly recommend it. If I go back, I would do the stone crabs next time. I had 3 glasses of water before the meal and she kept it filled. After lunch, we walked up about 3 bus stops and shopped some. We were getting tired since we're not used to this heat and I just felt so dehydrated. I had already drank my whole bottle of water and got more. We decided to head back to the airport. The bus was more crowded on the way back with people heading to the airport. I found that I've lived in the Carolinas too long. We're originally from WV but have lived in NC for 20 years. Carolinians tend to be friendly with small talk. I realized that on the bus, people didn't want to chat like on the cruise. I guess when you're on vacation, you're happier! I would automatically say Hello and smile and I had one guy smurk at me like I was special, lol.