Our Awesome 20th Anniversary spent on the Glory 4/28-5/5 Eastern picture review!

rdh rules

I personally did not like the Miami airport, it was not very well organized and the people were rude. We retrieved our luggage from the storage place and headed to American Airline check in. We stood in line for an hour for security and found out the xray body machines were down. The TSA guy yelled at me and told me to form 2 lines and to put my stuff on the conveyor and push it through since there was no one standing there to help you. There was no totes available to put your things in like your phone and shoes and stuff in pockets. I went to unzip my husband's C-Pap and the TSA guy yelled at me and said I never said to unzip anything, I said to put your phone in your bag and push your bags through the machine. That startled me and I started to take off my shoes and he yelled at me again saying I never told you to take your shoes off, just move. I felt embarrassed and headed through the metal detector and grabbed my things and looked for DH as he was in the other line. He just looked at me and said I didn't even go through the metal detector. I walked around and grabbed my things. We could of had weapons on our person and no one would know. They had signs everywhere telling you the 3-1-1 rule and that you need to have your liquids out separate from your carry-on but they didn't want us to take them out. I really wanted to get that guy's name so I could complain but I also didn't want to get yelled at again with hundreds of people waiting on us. And I also didn't want to get pulled to the side and get a cavity search[emoji33]. We had to go to Gate 60 which was at the very end and hung out there by a phone charger for about 30 minutes before we boarded. I'm glad we headed back when we did since the security line was so long and it took us 30 minutes to get to gate 60. That airport was huge and spread out. I've been to Atlanta, O'Hare, Dallas/Fort-worth and they are supposed to be bigger but they seemed smaller because they were more organized and easier to navigate. We had another great flight with beautiful sunset and were back in Greensboro just before 10pm. I missed my family, friends and dogs but I could have easily done another week! But we are not rich and have to work so we can go on vacation again!!!

This is the end.......

I'm sorry it took a while but life happens as I have 1 full time job and 2 part-time jobs and we have 2 grandchildren that we had over for a weekend and that housework, yard work and friends that all make up our lives. Thanks for all the sweet comments and if you have any questions, just ask! I have a lot of videos and may do a YouTube video and compile them. If I do, I’ll post the link. I'm sorry I posted some blurry pictures, as I cannot delete them once I submit. I hope you have had some laughs, enjoyed this review and it made you want to go on a cruise and see the Glory or the ports! If you have a ship in mind that you are curious about, send us the tickets and I’ll do another detailed review with pictures[emoji57]. We have the Ecstasy booked for 2/20/19 out of Charleston to take my friend on her 1st cruise for her 40th!! Hopefully we will do another longer cruise next year or the year after! The grandchildren were excited to the see our pictures this time and asked when they could go, they're 7 & 11. I said someday!

Happy Cruising!!!

I'm on the Glory in just over 3 weeks, and except for Amber Cove rather than Half Moon Cay, the itinerary is the same. Thank you for the review and all the pictures. The cruise has been booked for over a year, and this last month is passing by agonizingly slowly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on the Glory in just over 3 weeks, and except for Amber Cove rather than Half Moon Cay, the itinerary is the same. Thank you for the review and all the pictures. The cruise has been booked for over a year, and this last month is passing by agonizingly slowly!

You are welcome! I hope you have an awesome time! I would like to see Amber Cove! The last month goes by slow but you don’t want your vacation week to go by too fast! I still think about things I meant to do on the ship. I always have an itinerary and look on the fun times what I want to do every day. But DH just likes hanging out and not having any plans so this was our most laid back cruise as far as we hardly did anything on the schedule. But we still had a great time so it doesn’t matter what you do as long as you have fun[emoji3]

I know I am a little late to finish, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed your review. We have this itinerary except Amber Cove instead of HMC coming up in Jan of this coming year. I really appreciated all of your detailed info and great pictures.

You are very welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed it! I love seeing picture reviews. I did realize that I would take 50 pictures on one thing but no pictures of several things. I guess you get caught up in the excitement like I didn’t take any at the airport in Miami like the check in lines or when we got dropped off. Or getting on the ship. I meant to video my room so I could post it on YouTube so if anyone had that room. I only found 1 picture of the balcony and it was a selfie so couldn’t see it all.

Have an awesome time!!

When we went to our room, we found a bottle of sparking wine, chocolate covered strawberries and a ship on a stick delivered from John Heald. I had wrote on his page 2 days before I left and gave my room number and asked him to make our anniversary special. One of his staff replied and said that they forwarded it to him and to make sure that we told Carnival too.

Question, how do you "write on his page?" What page? My cruise is in just over 2 weeks, and two of our 3 couples will be celebrating milestone anniversaries. I'd like to make a specific request.

I started your review before we left for vacation in mid-May but it wasn't a cruise, we were in New Orleans celebrating the 50th birthday of a good friend. Even though not a cruise, still fun. We haven't cruised since September 2015, so I really enjoy reading reviews here on CC to help with those cruise withdrawals. Funny, but I even got up at 6am, twice, while in NOLA since we had a good view of the Mississippi River from our hotel so I could watch Carnival's Dream sail back in one morning and Triumph the next. We don't have a cruise planned, but we did do the same itinerary on Glory in 2010, and out of Miami, that you just did, so I really enjoyed reliving our cruise. The pictures you got of the interior of Glory are beautiful. I only took a handful since the camera I had at the time wasn't the best for interior pictures. I heard that Carnival was no longer allowing passengers to bring sea shells back on the ships and heard about the piles of confiscated shells...so glad we got our 3 from Grand Turk in 2010 when this was still allowed. Sorry you had an issue with the TSA people. They have usually been top notch, and friendly, at our airport (Wash. Dulles), but when we went down to NOLA, we were at the airport in the 2 hours time and it only took us minutes at the desk for our flight. The wait at TSA was ridiculous, over an hour. The lines were very long, snaked through the maze all the way to the entrance, but they only had two stations open while there were plenty of TSA employees just standing around. Our friend got yelled at because he asked why they couln't open up other lines with all the people standing around and my hubby got searched, the whole pat down. :eek: Because it was so backed up, they ended up just sending some of us though the metal detector instead of the scanner, but even with that, they were boarding the plane when we got to the gate, which was just in time. Too close for comfort. Thank you for taking the time to do a review and share your vacation, and beautiful pictures, because I know these things take some time.

Question, how do you "write on his page?" What page? My cruise is in just over 2 weeks, and two of our 3 couples will be celebrating milestone anniversaries. I'd like to make a specific request.

I just went to the book social site and searched for JH and found his public page. I clicked on the tab at the top “posts” and wrote and mentioned his recent videos of the Horizon and asked if he could make my anniversary special and gave my ship, date and room #. I have read to do it 1-2 days before departure. Be sure to thank him after! And make sure you have it on your cruise manager, the anniversary. Happy Travels!

I started your review before we left for vacation in mid-May but it wasn't a cruise, we were in New Orleans celebrating the 50th birthday of a good friend. Even though not a cruise, still fun. We haven't cruised since September 2015, so I really enjoy reading reviews here on CC to help with those cruise withdrawals. Funny, but I even got up at 6am, twice, while in NOLA since we had a good view of the Mississippi River from our hotel so I could watch Carnival's Dream sail back in one morning and Triumph the next. We don't have a cruise planned, but we did do the same itinerary on Glory in 2010, and out of Miami, that you just did, so I really enjoyed reliving our cruise. The pictures you got of the interior of Glory are beautiful. I only took a handful since the camera I had at the time wasn't the best for interior pictures. I heard that Carnival was no longer allowing passengers to bring sea shells back on the ships and heard about the piles of confiscated shells...so glad we got our 3 from Grand Turk in 2010 when this was still allowed. Sorry you had an issue with the TSA people. They have usually been top notch, and friendly, at our airport (Wash. Dulles), but when we went down to NOLA, we were at the airport in the 2 hours time and it only took us minutes at the desk for our flight. The wait at TSA was ridiculous, over an hour. The lines were very long, snaked through the maze all the way to the entrance, but they only had two stations open while there were plenty of TSA employees just standing around. Our friend got yelled at because he asked why they couln't open up other lines with all the people standing around and my hubby got searched, the whole pat down. :eek: Because it was so backed up, they ended up just sending some of us though the metal detector instead of the scanner, but even with that, they were boarding the plane when we got to the gate, which was just in time. Too close for comfort. Thank you for taking the time to do a review and share your vacation, and beautiful pictures, because I know these things take some time.

Thanks so much for your sweet compliments! I’m glad you had a great time in NOLA. I have never been and will someday. I’m glad you got to reminisce with my cruise! We have about 3 beautiful conch shells and gave away 3 from our last Grand Turk adventure in 2015. It was fun finding them in the graveyard.

That’s a shame about the TSA personnel. 2 hours is plenty of time IMO. In Greensboro, they are very pleasant and I’ve had my carry-on searched before too and they were respectful. I hope you will get to cruise again someday!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip about contacting JH re anniversaries!

We celebrated our 25th onboard Glory last week, and he had delivered a ship on a stick, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of champagne. Quite the lovely surprise!

We headed to the Lido deck and I wanted something lighter like a salad. Sad to say I never did get a guys burger the whole week. I kept saying I would and didn’t want to have grease laying heavy on my belly. On my last 5 day, I only ate it once without the bun and it was awesome but if you haven’t been used to that grease, it sits hard. The lunch buffet is open till 3:30 on port days and until 2:30 on sea day. But you still have the deli, guys, sushi, seafood, pizza and room service to choose from. They have a little cheese area with different kinds of cheese and some deli meat. The cheese and salad was good. The dessert options at the buffet were not very tasty. The desserts in the MDR were delectable. We walked around and decided to head to the sauna/steam room. I went to the gym 1st and then the steam room then the sauna. They don’t have the steam or sauna working on the 1st day. We tried out the showers in the spa too, so much bigger with a rain shower head from the ceiling. The handicap shower’s spray is adjustable to a jet. The spa has several lockers with push button combination lock or you can get a key from the reception desk at the entrance.

We decided to eat dinner early so we could watch Commuter at 7:30. We got to the MDR around 6:30 and got seated by ourselves all the way in the back next to the spinning doors. I forgot to mention Saturday’s dinner was a table for 2 too but Sunday’s breakfast was with at a shared table. For breakfast and lunch I don’t care about sitting with people but for dinner I want us to be by ouselves. But to order a table for two is a joke because there’s only about 4 inches between you and the table next to you. Sometimes I will talk to the neighboring people if they want to, but if we see that want to be by themselves then we will leave them alone. It took 50 minutes from start to finish without dessert. I probably could have ate dessert that night but wanted to get a good spot for our first dive in movie! And I knew that buffet would just be within walking distance if I was really craving something, lol. Tonight I had seared tuna, shrimp cocktail, and portobello mushroom. My husband had the shrimp and flatbread and mushrooms. We split the Caribbean pepper steak. The mushroom is so good as I remembered from our last cruise. It was probably one of my favorites, an explosion of flavors.

We headed up to Lido and found a spot for the movie and I got two blankets for us and 2 cups of hot chocolate before it started. The chairs that we got right in front of the water slides were the most uncomfortable chairs. My husband didn’t want to sit in the lounges so he chose that. When we did it again we choose the rockers on the side, they were much more comfortable. After the movie, which was great, we walked around and listened to some music and people watched.

When we went to our room, we found a bottle of sparking wine, chocolate covered strawberries and a ship on a stick delivered from John Heald. I had wrote on his page 2 days before I left and gave my room number and asked him to make our anniversary special. One of his staff replied and said that they forwarded it to him and to make sure that we told Carnival too. He had just got off of the Horizon and was taking a holiday so I didn’t know if we would get anything or not. When we got back home I did post the picture and thanks to his page and he replied, you’re welcome. I know a lot of people don’t like him but I Kinda do :-)

We went back up to Lido for the deck party. It was fun but short! This cruise had mixed generations with a average of 30-50 years with some younger and older mixed in. My complaint here is that all the beverage areas are closed except for the one all the way in the aft across from the seafood shack. All I wanted was a glass of water when I was dancing and had to walk all the way back there to get it. When they know that there is a activity like a movie or party, why wouldn’t they keep them open up front?

After the party, we headed to pizza so we could see what “pizza plus” was. They had 4 people working with 2 prepping, 1 baking and 1 serving. It was fast service! On the Elation in November, there was only 1 poor guy working it and he burned our pizza twice. I had a Caesar salad with a slice of Quattro Formaggi and chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I forgot to take a picture of the “plus” menu but the plus Sunday night was chicken parmigiana sub or meatball sub. I saw everyone getting pizza. We normally don’t stay up so late but a few nights and this one ended around 1!

Next is bed to sleep in for 1st sea day!

How do you write to John?

Thanks for the tip about contacting JH re anniversaries!

We celebrated our 25th onboard Glory last week, and he had delivered a ship on a stick, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of champagne. Quite the lovely surprise!

That’s awesome! I hope you had a great time! Congratulations!

Looks like the chateaubriand. Was it good? Tender? It looks nicely medium rare.

That name doesn’t sound familiar. I’m sorry it wasn’t on the menu on the app, it was different in the dining room that night. Yes it was tender!