Our Awesome 20th Anniversary spent on the Glory 4/28-5/5 Eastern picture review!

rdh rules

We got back on ship and I’m not sure if I took a nap somewhere or what happened but we lost about 3 hours from the picture of our towel animal and sitting on the outside main deck. Oh yeah did I tell you that we had morning turn down service? Our room steward had asked us the first day if we would prefer morning or evening service and we told him which ever is best for him. He said that he had less people in the morning. It is weird having your towel animal when you come back at lunch. I read a lot and had a lot of books downloaded on my Kindle app on my phone. I was engrossed in one in but book and ended up finishing it that Thursday. So I asked my husband if he wanted to go out on the outside deck 3 and we found the most comfortable chairs on the smoking side which is starboard. We took two chairs and moved them all the way down away from all the smokers while he took a nap and I read and watched the ocean. We decided to finally go see a comedy show as we had not seen one yet. The two comedians that started had already left and tonight was two new comedians. So we did the 7:00 show with Rob Little. He was very funny and it was the family show which I really enjoy because I have found that the adult shows are a lots of cussing which we do not do. We spoke to him afterwards and then headed to dinner in the Golden Dining Room. Tonight I had escargot, pumpkin soup, mixed greens and penne mariscos with cheesecake and cheese plate for dessert. DH had the PR appetizer and entree, chicken tenders, honey roasted ham and buttered popcorn pot de creme.

We decided to watch the 9:30 movie which was the Maze Runner:the Death Cure. We got some rockers and moved them to a perfect spot and got two blankets and within 30 minutes I was asleep, LOL. I woke up and nodded off several times and finally at 10:30 I told him I couldn’t do it anymore I was going to the room. Another great day in Paradise! Tomorrow we sleep in and see Grand Turk!!!

Well the addict in me came out and I ate 1-2 rolls every night. There was too many choices and I wanted to try everything.

I'm still reading your awesome review, but wanted to make a comment while it was on my mind. You can request from the main dining room that they bring you low carb rolls/biscuits. It likely won't apply for the first night, so try to resist if you can, but it will on the 2nd night and then on. Not only that, but mine offered delicious low carb desserts and all sorts of things that weren't on the MDR menu. He even offered 2x lobster so that I could fill up without being tempted on the pasta/potatoe dishes. Again, he said that they need a day to prepare it, but it came out marked for my table & seat specifically from then on. It was so delicious and thoughtful and ironically he noticed my eating choices. I didn't even mention it to him initially!

I'm still reading your awesome review, but wanted to make a comment while it was on my mind. You can request from the main dining room that they bring you low carb rolls/biscuits. It likely won't apply for the first night, so try to resist if you can, but it will on the 2nd night and then on. Not only that, but mine offered delicious low carb desserts and all sorts of things that weren't on the MDR menu. He even offered 2x lobster so that I could fill up without being tempted on the pasta/potatoe dishes. Again, he said that they need a day to prepare it, but it came out marked for my table & seat specifically from then on. It was so delicious and thoughtful and ironically he noticed my eating choices. I didn't even mention it to him initially!

Thanks, I’ll definitely ask on my next one at least for the bread! I know they do special requests but when you love food, it’s so hard to eat healthy on vacation. My last cruise in November I was strict but this one, I was like whatever it’s my vacation! Being a woman doesn’t help with mood swings. I’ll tell my DH that he didn’t have to make me eat bad lol.

Thanks, I’ll definitely ask on my next one at least for the bread! I know they do special requests but when you love food, it’s so hard to eat healthy on vacation. My last cruise in November I was strict but this one, I was like whatever it’s my vacation! Being a woman doesn’t help with mood swings. I’ll tell my DH that he didn’t have to make me eat bad lol.

No worries, I had a blast also and intend to as well in 2 months. I just wanted to share b/c the rolls tasted normal to me. I think they were whole wheat and made with seminola maybe, but still very tasty. We've switched to it at home as well and can't tell a difference. It makes me not feel quite as guilty when I'm splurging on the other yummy stuff also.

I just got through the rest of your pictures and descriptions. Thank you for such a thorough review. You answered so many of the questions that I had just by posting pics, menus, schedules and pricing. Thank you so much. I'm glad you had a fun vacation and hope to run into you one day on one of these cruises! Thanks especially for the tip about the fan. Did you ask your room steward for that or at the front desk? We will be miserable if it's not cold in our room and want to make sure that we address this ASAP. Maybe even before the trip if that's possible. Anyway, thank you again. Awesome review!!!

Your review is great! Thanks! I wish you had visited the steakhouse. They have been worth it every time. We went twice on our Glory cruise!

I've heard about the free house wine or 50% off better wine, but are their steaks worth the $70+ purchase compared to the MDR? If so, we'd like to add it on, but if it's similar to the steak had there then we'd rather put the funds towards another excursion. Any input is appreciated!

No worries, I had a blast also and intend to as well in 2 months. I just wanted to share b/c the rolls tasted normal to me. I think they were whole wheat and made with seminola maybe, but still very tasty. We've switched to it at home as well and can't tell a difference. It makes me not feel quite as guilty when I'm splurging on the other yummy stuff also.

I just got through the rest of your pictures and descriptions. Thank you for such a thorough review. You answered so many of the questions that I had just by posting pics, menus, schedules and pricing. Thank you so much. I'm glad you had a fun vacation and hope to run into you one day on one of these cruises! Thanks especially for the tip about the fan. Did you ask your room steward for that or at the front desk? We will be miserable if it's not cold in our room and want to make sure that we address this ASAP. Maybe even before the trip if that's possible. Anyway, thank you again. Awesome review!!!

Thank you! You are welcome, it would be nice to meet another CC friend! We asked the room steward the first time we saw him when we got on. I don’t know if there’s anyway to request one. The fan helped but as the other guy said they fixed his, so if it’s hot you may want to call maintenance.

Your review is great! Thanks! I wish you had visited the steakhouse. They have been worth it every time. We went twice on our Glory cruise!

Thanks! Since our MDR went so well with great hot food every night, we didn’t feel like we missed out. This was our 1st cruise out of 8 that was consistent food that was very tasty. My last one I would have a great appetizer and then the meal would be so so. Or vice versa. This one was spot on for everything!

I just remembered what happened to those three hours lost yesterday at San Juan. I don’t know if I went to work out but I do remember being in the steam room or sauna and watching us leave San Juan. Because I remember seeing the cliffs of del Morro and how I wish I was outside taking a picture of that. I had seen it before on YouTube videos. It was really nice sitting all by myself in the heat watching the walled city leave.

Grand Turk:

I woke up around 8 and headed to the gym. It had sprinkled on and off that morning. DH had told me he would just meet me at Lido. He was enjoying coffee so I took this time to snap several pictures on the outside deck and that is when I got to empty Serenity as I posted earlier. I said let’s go grab some food in the MDR. This is around 9:45. Well since we didn’t dock till 11, everybody else had woken up and had the same bright idea. The line to the platinum dining room was all the way past the elevators down the stairs. We hadn’t had to wait at all the previous times and said heck with that. The Lido was busy but wasn’t packed when we were just there so we headed back up and now it was slam packed with all stations crazy. I’m not going to say I am impatient but I hate feeling like that I am like cattle and people get so rude standing in line trying to get food and passing you by. So I told him that he could get that and I was going to go back to the room and order room service. We had yet to try it except for coffee one time. Our room was already done with a new animal! Room service only took about 15 minutes and DH had come back with some pizza because he said the lines were too crazy for the breakfast food. I had the BLT and DH the Ruben. The coleslaw was not good but the potato salad was and I asked for cookies as dessert to take them with me. The cheesecake tasted the same as the MDR the previous night.

I’ll post the pictures I took that morning then we’ll talk about Grand Turk.......