Our Awesome 20th Anniversary spent on the Glory 4/28-5/5 Eastern picture review!

rdh rules

Your dh’s haircut looks nice!

Kudos on staying away from the photographers. It always feels a little awkward to me when they are going through the dining room snapping pics. I’m constantly thinking about whether I have food in my teeth!

He said thanks! They take pictures everywhere but stay tuned we had to get one.

Saturday menu

[ATTACH]420927[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420928[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420929[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420930[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420931[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420932[/ATTACH]

In light of these pics of the menu is it safe to say that the weeks menu is on the Carnival Hub app?

In light of these pics of the menu is it safe to say that the weeks menu is on the Carnival Hub app?

Yes they actually have everything for the whole week by each day- menus for all restaurants, all the activities that you can star your favorites, shore excursions, opening/closing times. I screen shot the menus on the day of so when I looked back I could see which one it was for. It worked out way better than trying to take a pic of the menu at the table. People already think I’m a dork taking pictures of my food and then trying to balance the menu and my phone was always hard, lol

I tried to take a picture of the fun times and it is hard to see so I scanned them at work and then turned them into a jpeg since it wouldn’t let me attach them on here as a pdf. The lines are a little wavy but you can see most of it.

Saturday

IMG_1866.JPG.093ff1dd131a205c01fcdda1a3787507.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG.d7a32c8ca534b47df0b13d4c5242395b.JPG

Sunday

IMG_1868.JPG.063080de42db5f4bc3ef2b115ae42066.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG.4dc7377e99b14a2cb920675317dde72b.JPG

Monday

IMG_1864.JPG.a5383f503d98a8afcf537e48fcdf0268.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG.6a38a8572b45530b9dc55cf820ddca80.JPG

Our plans today was to just chill and explore. We originally wanted to do a tour and procrastinated too long. Yeah we could have found one when we got off, but we decided to do our own thing. We walk off at deck 3 mid or fwd and walk towards all the shopping center where all the cruise stores and taxis are. It started to sprinkle and I’m glad we had our umbrellas. We walked around all the stores and they had a crocs store where everything I liked they didn’t have my size. We decided to walk downtown as the lady from the croc store had said it was only 15 minute walk and I remembered reading on the boards that it wasn’t that far of a walk. You just keep walking towards the left sidewalk.So we headed towards downtown and then decided to take the Sky Ride. There was no one in line and we walked straight up and paid $42 for both of us and then stood in a small line waiting for the next cars. We thought we would have a car to ourselves since there was only a few of us, but a lady didn’t want to be crowded with her family so she jumped in our car. The cars don’t come to a complete stop but are slow enough to be able to walk into and the doors close as they leave the station. It was a smooth ride and cool way to get to the top. When we got to the top of Paradise Point there is a restaurant with bar and some stores up there. We had always heard people talk about the bushwacker drink and decided to get that. As we sat down and ordered the drink and turned on our data it started pouring down the rain. The drink was not for me as I would rather had something fruity. DH enjoyed it and said he loved the nutmeg on top. We headed back down after the rain stopped and grabbed a car easy with another couple. The ticket we purchased said we could go up and down as many times as we wanted for the day. I was all for that but DH said no LOL. So now the sun is brightly shining and for some reason St. Thomas was the hottest out of all of our ports with no breeze. We walked along the water towards downtown and passed several people already walking back to the ship. We finally made it to their little straw market area. The straw market was very competitive and annoying not to be able to browse without people fighting over you or trying to sell you everything including “big shirts for the big man”. There were lots of regular stores, anything you could imagine. We went in to one glass store with figurines priced at $10,000. We went into a museum of ship wreck artifacts. There were several regular souvenir shops too with Chinese Caribbean products. We did stop at a fountain and enjoyed the shade and nice side streets of cobblestone. We decided to head back and asked for a cab on the corner - $4 person. Nice guy in a van that took us, he didn’t try to get others. We headed back in the Glory around 3 and decided to get some lunch- I wanted to try the lobster roll.

Thank you for such a detailed review and sharing of these awesome photos...I can't wait for my first carnival cruise in August on magic

You’re welcome! You’ll love it and become hooked!!!!

After lunch we just walked around the ship and decided to watch the sail away from our room. Actually I think I fell asleep on the balcony when my husband went to go listen to music then he came back to watch the sail away. I would have to say St. Thomas was probably one of the prettiest islands I have seen so far. I’ve been in some beautiful water snorkeling at Grand Cayman in the reef and saw their beautiful 7 mile Beach. I’ve been to St. Martin and checked out their mountains and their beautiful beaches. But it was something about all the little islands and it probably had to do with being in a balcony for our 1st time. It may sound weird but it is like it’s your own front row seat. With just you and your husband in the quiet looking at God’s creation. We decided we would eat late since we had a late lunch. Tonight was the entertainment night of games. They should have switched this to the next night as we were docked in Puerto Rico at 7am but on Thursday we didn’t dock till 11 in Grand Turk. I can’t hang all night anymore. Well they didn’t ask me anyway so the show must go on. We went to enjoy some music in the atrium before going to the Hasboro game in the theater. The atrium was a pretty cool place to listen to the music. Most of the time it was good. They had different players Ron and Travis were good, Group 6 was OK but the guy that played the steel drums was really good. We went to watch the Hasboro show. That was the 1st time we sat in the theater yet. We normally don’t watch the musicals. I tried to get on stage but didn’t get picked to answer the questions. I did it before about 5 years ago and had fun playing Simon.

Next up was dinner in the Golden Dining Room.