FLL very pricey for April 27 2019

I have started pricing out hotels for next April when we sail on Harmony. I'm floored by the cost. Is it always that expensive in April. I'm canadian so have the exchange as well . I see everyone recommends the Embassy but it's over 300 before taxes. I would like to be near things to see. We are looking at the pier sixty six. I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and would like to walk around. Also looking at Riverside Hotel.

I have started pricing out hotels for next April when we sail on Harmony. I'm floored by the cost. Is it always that expensive in April. I'm canadian so have the exchange as well . I see everyone recommends the Embassy but it's over 300 before taxes. I would like to be near things to see. We are looking at the pier sixty six. I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and would like to walk around. Also looking at Riverside Hotel.

Suggest you see how Priceline prices things.

Early April will be very high...late April, after the 20th or so, should be more reasonable.

We are looking for February and March (also we are Canadian so the exchange is a killer) and prices are high. I've booked with refundable for 2 of the nights at GalleryOne for $670 all in but US funds of course.

We are doing 2 different cruises so need the hotel 2 nights prior and then 3 nights in between the cruises.

Wish our dollar would go higher! We do like GalleryOne right on water taxi stop, mall across street, nice Italian dinner spot just across the draw bridge.

Good luck!

In 2019 Easter and Passover are both in late April and that could contribute to the higher prices. Easter is Sunday, April 21 and Passover begins on Friday, April 19 and ends on the night you need the hotel room (27th). While many schools have vacation the week before Easter a sizeable number have the week off after Easter instead. There are no large festivals going on that weekend as far as I know or could find in my research.