The Sun Good the bad and ugly reviews please

Thanks ...sailing to Cuba May 21!

You’re going to love Cuba! We were there on the Sky last October, in before the tourists ruin it 😊 The Tropicana nightclub was amazing!

We are planning to sail on the Sun to the Bahamas in a month. Is she completely renovated? Is everything open and working properly?

Ship recently renovated. Bahamas cruise will be a party ship for sure especially with free alcohol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are planning to sail on the Sun to the Bahamas in a month. Is she completely renovated? Is everything open and working properly?

Not sure what you mean by “ working properly” but ......

YES!!!!!

Just off the 18 day repositioning cruise from Seattle to Port Canaveral.

My biggest issue with the Sun - the elevators/stairs are not equally spaced throughout the length of the ship. It's a little awkward because the 2 forward elevator banks are actually quite close to one another. Other than that, she's a fine ship. The mini suites are amazingly laid out.

We sailed the Sun several years ago. It is a nice ship however there are some places that are a little awkward to get to as a result of a previous retro-fit.. There are times when you have to take a crazy route to get form one place to another. I recall that if we were forward on one deck and wanted to be aft on that deck we had to walk to midship, go down a deck, walk part of the way after, then come back up to the previous deck. It took some time to figure out how to get some places.

Are you referring to the cabins on Deck 6A that can only be accessed by stairs from Deck 7? Other than that I don’t recall having to go up and down a deck except for the sun decks on 13.

We were also just off the first post-dry dock cruise - an 18-day Panama Canal cruise that ended Monday. Needless to say we were worried after seeing the extensive news coverage of the pre- dry dock cruise.

And we were still concerned when we boarded and found our room hadn't been cleaned and there was a bottle of some white powder with Russian lettering in a drawer.

But the good news is once that was take care of it was literally smooth sailing. The new furniture in public rooms was much more comfortable and the ship looks great.

The crew is wonderful! We especially enjoyed the Windjammer with Joel & Karen. They create a very Cheers like environment. The added bonus there is that there's also music, ranging from piano to guitar to duo with a keyboard.

Menus could have been more varied, especially at lunch on sea days where there were only 2 menus that alternated. But that won't affect you on a 3 or 4 day trip. And the servers in the dining room were very pleasant.

The poster's concern that you can't get somewhere easily probably refers to the Seven Seas Dining Room on 5 aft. You do need to use the aft elevator or stairs to access it. But that's really it. I think the ship is a great size and easy to get around.

Have a great time and give Joel & Karen our regards!