4 FLL choices. Personal experience

We are travelling April 2019 and trying to find Hotels that don't break the bank and have things to see around them. I'm looking at pier 66, galleryone, riverside and possibly Hilton Marina though it doesnt get the best reviews. I like they are in areas where we can walk around and see things. Anyone have experience with all or any of them. Right now these rooms are under 250 usd and others are way more.

Of the four, we have only stayed at the Riverside which is old, but classy. It is right on Los Olas Blvd. which has plenty of restaurants and shopping. It also has a water taxi stop on the New River which is a nice take. We have never stayed at Gallery One, but have had a drink there. It is also on the water taxi route and is a five minute walk to the Galleria Mall where there is shopping and a food court along with a few more upscale restaurants.

Hilton Marina, we have been there 3 times in the last 4 years. We have always had a TOWER room and was always nice and clean and modern. The bad reviews seem to always come from the 2 story marina rooms. Their check in staff is a little on the SLOW SIDE. Food and drinks at the hotel are expensive.

What kinds of things are you looking to see, and how long will you have to see them?

I'm hoping to get a earlier flight so we can get there by noon. I know our room probably won't be ready and I'm ok with that. I just want somewhere to walk around maybe go to the beach. I don't want to have nothing around.

I have stayed at the GalleryOne a couple of times and like the location as we wanted to do the water taxi, it was across from a mall, and we love the Italian restaurant just over the draw bridge. They have lots of room and pretty much a full kitchen.

For our upcoming cruise in late February I have booked us at the Riverside as I have read lots of reviews and recommendations on here and would like to try it first hand. We loved Los Olas Blvd when we were there in December-so much to see and do. The rate was a bit higher than GalleryOne but I picked an Executive room. I also feel it is good to try different hotels for different trips.

• 2 weeks later...