Excursion Refund

camijo

I canceled an excursion I had booked through Carnival. I canceled this past Tuesday. I never received communication from Carnival in regards to this cancellation. I paid for the excursion using a Carnival gift card, well majority of it. The remaining balance I used my debit card.

Should I have received a cancellation/refund notice? How long does the refund take? Will the balance go back to my original gift card (which I still have) or will I get a new one? And I'm not seeing the remaining balance back to my debit card.

I would like to call Carnival directly but not sure if they will help me since I used a TA for this booking. And honestly, I'm not getting much help from the TA.

You will not receive any confirmation from Carnival. I have done the same thing a few times and they always mail you out a new Carnival gift card in the postal mail. It usually takes 7 to 10 days from processing which can be a few days. You can call them and talk to them but they will not be able to give you any type of information as the gift cards come from a different place then the call center.

I have always gotten an email confirmation of cancelation. It comes 24 hours or so after the cancelation, but the email is generic with no details. The refund appeared on my credit card in about a week (I had not used gift cards).

I would guess you would get the credit card portion of the refund by the middle of next week. Then you can call and ask the status of the new gift card you'll be getting.

Just make sure you keep on top of it.

I had cancelled my excursion, and it wasn't until about a month later that I realized I had never received a new gift card.

I called carnival, and then received it about 6 days later.

If I had forgotten about it, I would have lost it :eek:

I received an email confirming that I cancelled my excursion. Since I paid my excursion with a carnival gift card, they refunded the cost to me in a new gift card. I received it the following week.

You should call them if you don't receive your refund in a week.