Am I out of touch with prices?

I remember looking at this exact cruise when it was first released and I remember thinking how cheap it was (can't remember the exact price).

Booking early generally does get the best prices. We have started to book almost as soon as itinerary is released and on the last 3 bookings they have given us the option to change to a better promotion if it comes along as a reward for early booking. You get choice of cabin and really cannot lose - just need to keep a regular eye on pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the European market Royal has a very unfair prizing policy. It really goes up and down significantly. The earliest prizes are unfortunately not the cheapest in most cases. Other cruise lines in Europe have a very clear and transparent prizing approach with early booking benefits, some specials for guaranteed cabins and a fixed prize later. Royal does it like most shopping malls in America, always a sale and in most cases not true.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess it all depends on where you are going and when. In November 2013 we rode Legend on a 16 day Panama Canal cruise. Our inside cabin was about $3100. We have Vision booked for this November with the same itinerary and our inside cabin is about $2900.

Hi Bill, You can get a 2C balcony for that on Infinity Sept.9 sailing. $2949 to be exact. plus taxes & fees.

Sailed with you Hawaii to Vancouver last May on Radiance.

I guess it all depends on where you are going and when. In November 2013 we rode Legend on a 16 day Panama Canal cruise. Our inside cabin was about $3100. We have Vision booked for this November with the same itinerary and our inside cabin is about $2900.
Hi Bill, You can get a 2C balcony for that on Infinity Sept.9 sailing. $2949 to be exact. plus taxes & fees. Sailed with you Hawaii to Vancouver last May on Radiance.

We took a Norwegian fjords cruise two summers ago on Costa in a suite (with free drink packages) and did not pay anywhere near that--for four people! But we booked very early.
I have no proof to base this on - just opinion - but in pricing cruises over the years, it seems to me that the worst time to book a cruise is right around final payment (90 days out). If you're looking for a cruise at 90 days out, you're probably better off to find an itinerary and ship that interests you and wait until about a month out to see if it shows up on their "Going, Going, Gone Sale".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app