Large Group on Nov Star Princess

adeb

We have just booked the Star for Nov 11th and were not able to get early traditional dining because apparently a large group has booked the dining room for the cruise. Just curious if anyone is part of the group. We can go waitlisted for early dining but if this is a group that is set, most likely it will not change (we booked late sitting instead).

Are you just assuming that the large group has booked because you are waitlisted? Or were you told there is a large group.

I have often booked cruises 6-9 months out and have been waitlisted in the hundreds for Traditional dining and there has not been a large group - it is just a lot of people like Traditional dining.

No, our TA called to book the cruise for us late December (we were in her office), when she requested early dining she was told that a large group had booked the dining room for the cruise. She also felt this was strange, because just because a large group is going on a cruise, doesn't mean they all want to do early traditional dining. As, I said, we are just curious if anyone maybe is part of the group.

I agree with Coral on that also. To ease my mind, I would also want to find out what this "large group" is. Don't know if Princess would or even could tell your TA who they are, but it certainly would be worth a try. That would make me a bit nervous about who they could be.

Hulagirl

No, our TA called to book the cruise for us late December (we were in her office), when she requested early dining she was told that a large group had booked the dining room for the cruise. She also felt this was strange, because just because a large group is going on a cruise, doesn't mean they all want to do early traditional dining. As, I said, we are just curious if anyone maybe is part of the group.

My wife and I have been on 2 incentive cruises on RCI and we always had the entire late seating.This made it easier for the waiters as they were serving complimantary wine thruout dinner.We also had private cocktail parties when the other passengers were dining at the early seating.There was also special entertainment flown in for our group.You couldn't get into the show without a company badge.

Thnx very much for the info. We were wondering about such a large group who would all want to dine together but an "incentive" group certainly makes sense. We have always booked early dining in the past but hopefully late dining will be just as enjoyable.

Archived