Elite Drink Benefits

Sascol

We are Elite members on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Our last few cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. For each of those cruises we were issued ‘vouchers’ on our cruise cards that we could use for free drinks between the hours of approximately 5 PM and 8 PM.

How does this work on Celebrity? Do we have to go to a specific Elite lounge to get the drinks or will we be issued the vouchers on our accounts that can be used at any bar during the specified hours? Thank you in advance for your replies.

I was told by the cc hostess that celebrity has changed it to drinks attached to your card. She says people have asked and celebrity has decided to go that way. Not a big fan of it this way. Had to go to guest relations more than once to get the charges reversed.

I was told by the cc hostess that celebrity has changed it to drinks attached to your card. She says people have asked and celebrity has decided to go that way. Not a big fan of it this way. Had to go to guest relations more than once to get the charges reversed.
You should not have to "go" to guest relations at all to get erroneous charges reversed.

Whenever this happens to us, we just pick up the phone in our cabin to call them, and they take it right off.

Then the next day when we check our account on the TV, we see the credit posted there.

We used to get a lot of erroneous charges from Cafe Al Bacio, even though we didn't sign a receipt, but it looks like they have cleaned up their act because that hasn't happened recently.

Edited by varoo

You should not have to "go" to guest relations at all to get erroneous charges reversed.

Whenever this happens to us, we just pick up the phone in our cabin to call them, and they take it right off.

Then the next day when we check our account on the TV, we see the credit posted there.

We used to get a lot of erroneous charges from Cafe Al Bacio, even though we didn't sign a receipt, but it looks like they have cleaned up their act because that hasn't happened recently.

Yes I could have phoned but would sooner do things in person. My point is that you have to be proactive and watch your account which the old way there was no problems

This would be great for us, we are B2B on Constellation next May, we are Elite but also non-alcohol drinkers, big cappucino & espresso drinkers however. So this means we could get our coffee drinks throughout the day if there were vouchers or on our card. Or do I have this wrong, maybe I need a drink?!

Sorry, you can't get the cappuccino, latte, etc. throughout the day until you are Elite Plus.

The drinks they are talking about in this thread are the alcoholic drinks available during the 5-7 cocktail hours. The Elite cocktail hour is undergoing change, transitioning away from having it take place in the Sky Lounge during that time, to having the three drinks loaded onto SeaPass cards, to be redeemed during that time.

The drinks in discussion do not include cappuccinos, lattes, etc.

Since we never get a drink package, prefer free grats & OBC, having it loaded on the card are fine with us. On recent Reflection trans-Atlantic (which gave no perks) we ordered wine by the glass with the card in the MDR. Just had to do it between the hours 5p to 7p. At first the sommelier didn't know what to do and he had to get the supervisor, who had to check and later gave the okay. Concerning the billing, how showed up on my account, they added the charge and then deducted it.