Need Advice-Splendor, has she lost hers???

Was on her numerous times since she was new......last time was 2 months ago in May.....Inside she's in GREAT shape.

Outside decks leave a lot to be desired for. Badly needs some work and a coat or two of paint, starting with the funnel.

Help, I need advice from recent Carnival Splendor cruisers. Can anyone tell me if Carnival Splendor has been refurbished/overhauled? I think she was launched in 2010.

I read about the fire in 2016 and her quick haul out turn around time which indicated she didn't get a complete overhaul. Also saw things like "really showing her age" & "needs work everywhere & dated" me thinks wth?

If I am paying a lot of money for a cruise, those phrases shouldn't even be included in the same

sentence!! Now on a super deal, perhaps I wouldn't even ask :)

This would be my first cruise with Carnival, I've cruised with Princess and NCL 25 times and don't enjoy the huge mega ships, so the Splendors size seemed good.

We are not picky, but the above phrases are making me really reconsider specifically the Splendor....has she lost hers?

Choosing Carnival for kids program & very limited sailings at time frame & departure port we can go but now I'm having big doubts after researching tonite. Argh.

Can anyone please tell me who has sailed on the Splendor Recently IF she is in bad shape, really showing her age etc???

Thank you for your honest answers, they are very much appreciated as I gotta figure this out asap.

Liz

Long Beach CA

Sister and I were on Splendor in April and I loved it. The entertainment crew was awesome and made the trip. My sister didn't think so; she saw an old ship. I did not. It was well maintained and clean. We stayed in the Cloud 9 Spa interior room and THAT was awesome. I'm very low key about cruising. I don't expect luxury for $100 per day.

Splendor was my first Carnival experience in 2014 and I sailed on her 5X that year on different itineraries (from NY).

I have no complaints..Great times...I had the same cabin steward on Deck 8, 3 cruises in a row.

If the ship were still in NY for winter sailings, I can't imagine how many times I would have been back...LOL

We were on the Splendor in March. We loved the ship. I am not sure how people say "she shows her age" because the ship was clean and our cabin was perfect. Yes, there is a lot of pink.

One thing I LOVED was that over the main pool they close the retractable roof on cold nights. This makes it much nicer for watching a movie. This is the only ship in the fleet who does that as this ship was originally built for Costa.

We were a full ship as we were cruising at the peek of spring break. It never felt overly packed. I found the MDR to be a bit crowded on how they set up the tables but we were YTD compared to other ships but that wouldn't be a deal breaker to me. The Circle C room was in an odd spot and a bit small but that didn't seem to bother my son.

No Guys but they did have the Old Fashioned BBQ and Tandoor (which I love).

People complain for no reason. Yes, sometimes idiots leave dishes in the elevator but it may take time for staff to find it and remove but there are messy pigs on all cruise lines. You constantly see people cleaning and polishing around the ship. They try their best.

I would definitely sail on the Splendor again.

• 1 month later...
I have sailed on Splendor from Long Beach in February and thought it lacked nothing in terms of maintenance or operations. The spa is far and away better than that on the Horizon or the Fantasy class ships I have sailed on. I visited the kitchen and found the equipment to be clean and well maintained. The food was good in the main dining room and steakhouse. The Mongolian wok was so-so because the sauces were bland as pablum. The BBQ was off the beaten path, but was properly cooked and melted in the mouth. Guy's burger looks like an unmade bed but is delicious. Couple Guy's with a Strawberry Milkshake from the coffee bar, and you will have a nice afternoon after boarding.

The crew was always nice and ready to assist with any request.

There are some people that will complain that the ice cream is too cold, and you will read their tales of woe about the pink decor, or the anchor chain makes noise, and the balcony is windy.

I think you will love a week on Splendor, I did. I am taking it again in September, and considering a float to Singapore in October 2019.

We are considering the Singapore 10/2019 sailing as well!