Question on packing a cooler

ashton57

I purchased a soft sided cooler today within the required measurements. Now my question is can I pack it with soda cans and put the cooler inside my rolling suitcase? Do I need to remove the cans from the box if I choose to just put the boxes directly in my rolling luggage? Also do I need to attach boarding passes on the luggage I plan to carry on or just the luggage we will be checking in. Sorry for all the questions! We are first time cruisers so just want to make sure we are doing everything correctly. Thanks for any replies!

I purchased a soft sided cooler today within the required measurements. Now my question is can I pack it with soda cans and put the cooler inside my rolling suitcase? Do I need to remove the cans from the box if I choose to just put the boxes directly in my rolling luggage? Also do I need to attach boarding passes on the luggage I plan to carry on or just the luggage we will be checking in. Sorry for all the questions! We are first time cruisers so just want to make sure we are doing everything correctly. Thanks for any replies!

Most ports rip open the 12 pack of cans and look at all the cans to make sure u didn't hide beer cans in the middle

Loose cans in a cooler shouldn't be an issue.

No need for a carnival luggage tag if u plan to roll it on and roll it off

Most ports rip open the 12 pack of cans and look at all the cans to make sure u didn't hide beer cans in the middle

Loose cans in a cooler shouldn't be an issue.

No need for a carnival luggage tag if u plan to roll it on and roll it off

Whaaa!! Really? I’ve never seen that happen (not saying it doesn’t). That seems quite extreme. I have found them to be very thorough in their search for prohibited drinks, but not to that extent.

OP- Anyway just to clarify when you ask if it’s okay to put the cans in your roll on - yes, as long as the roll on will be a carry on and not given to the porter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to clarify, the soda cans must be carried on personally by you in your carry on. It cannot be in the luggage given to the steward to be put directly onto the ship for you. We have a rolling backpack we put ours in. I’ve seen some cruisers put them into small duffle bags or small carry on style suitcases. Some even get a small luggage cart and strap them into it. And yes, they will rip them open and look through them for beer or hard liquor at the pier. It’s happened to us more than once. You don’t need tags on your carryons since they will be in your possession the whole time. If you want bottled water you can preorder some ahead of time through Carnival for $4.50 per 12 pack (16 oz. bottles.) It will be waiting in your cabin. We like to load our cooler full of bottled water before going to the beach while in port. Nothing cools you down better. :)

I feel a little safer having a Carnival luggage tag on every carry on bag, including my precious Mountain Dew. I did accidently leave a bag behind while basking in the rapture of a Guy's Ringer Burger. It was in my cabin when I returned.

This is exactly what we do. Once on board we use the coolers for ice in our rooms. Upon leaving, we are able to use the rolling suitcase for all of our purchases made throughout the cruise

• 2 weeks later...

put your luggage tags on everything including your husband. that way anything that gets lost or wanders off eventually finds its way back to your cabin. i left all my Nikons in a bag at the port in Galveston on debarking and drove to Houston before the light went off. got out of the car and no cameras. drove back to the port and they were right there against the wall where i left them with my name on the tag. when you have passports etc to keep up with it is easy to overlook something in the race to get on or get off.