Next promo?

Lyndihop

That’s right. Explore 4 is what I was referring to. Sorry.

I would not wait for the next promotion, but go ahead and book my cruise now and thus lock in your cabin. Assuming that you get a REFUNDABLE fare and the cruise is well before the final payment date, you can always rebook for a better deal later.

Also, remember that the fares often drop after a promotion goes off and that might be a better deal for you (varies by person and what the "perks" are).

I would not wait for the next promotion, but go ahead and book my cruise now and thus lock in your cabin. Assuming that you get a REFUNDABLE fare and the cruise is well before the final payment date, you can always rebook for a better deal later.

Also, remember that the fares often drop after a promotion goes off and that might be a better deal for you (varies by person and what the "perks" are).

Dave - this is the advice I often give, and follow.

I booked my 2019 Alaska cruise as soon as announced to get the specific room I wanted, making sure the fare was refundable and allowed changes w/o loss of deposit (those are the two big things to watch for!). I have since switched to Ready, Set, Sail to get the pre-paid gratuities with only the smallest of price increases (far less than the value of the gratuities). When Explore4 comes out (assuming they remain consistent with past years) I will again re-fare to see if losing the gratuities and getting the Signature Beverage Package + Pinnacle Grill Dinner instead makes sense given the then current fares.

I watch fares up until final payment always knowing I can switch and potentially lose one perk to gain another, or get a fare reduction greater than the value of any perks .....