Photo Package on Princess-Good Value?

mikelly1221

Hi! We're leaving in a few weeks on our Princess cruise, and I can't decide if the $119 photo package is a good value or not. Has anyone purchased the photo package and loved it? Regretted it? How many pictures would we have to purchase on the ship to make purchasing it worth it?

Thanks! :D:D:)

Hi! We're leaving in a few weeks on our Princess cruise, and I can't decide if the $119 photo package is a good value or not. Has anyone purchased the photo package and loved it? Regretted it? How many pictures would we have to purchase on the ship to make purchasing it worth it?

The 8x10s are $25 and the smaller port photos are $15.

does it depend on the length of the cruise? are the 'formal' night photos included?

Yes, the formal nights are included. The package for the twelve night Alaska cruise was $249.

I bought the photo package for a 15 day TA. I thought it was worth every penny. ($199 purchased online, pre-cruise or $249 purchased on board)

I enjoy scrap booking and like all the port pictures with the information and special borders. Everything is included on the ship flash drive they give you. Super handy for digital scrapbooks. :D

We especially liked the special pictures such as with the Captain, Stanley the Bear, Officers, Champagne Waterfall, specialty restaurants, Discovery Green Screen, Sea Walk, etc. The only pictures NOT included in the package are the 'on-deck sunset photos' and of course, the platinum studio.

We came back with close to 100 photos, plus all the digital files. Would do it again depending on the ports.

Like others, I make photo books and always use the embarkation and port photos, plus some of the informal, on-deck shots and formal ones in my book. Since we have the package, we often do some silly pictures, too - they're always fun to have in the book. No, we don't needs hundreds of pictures of ourselves, and rarely use the hard copy pictures, but it's fun having the digital files to upload into the photo books. We've done the package on the last four or five cruises, and have already paid for one on a future cruise. If I ever stop making the books, or if the price goes up, I'll probably stop getting the package. I guess it depends on your circumstances if the package is worth it. I've been totally satisfied with the ones we've gotten.

Does the embarkation photos come with the package? I see there is a separate embarkation photo package.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the embarkation photo is included with the package.

We purchased it for our seven day on the Ruby this past January.

I made my son take a photo at every single background, he hated it but I loved it

We ended up with 63 photos along with the ship USB

$199 for 63 photos

I just grabbed every photo and walked up to the register.

It worked out well for us.

We will be on another cruise in November and I believe that I will get it again

To make it worth while, you really need to take as many photos as you can.

There is a package where you can get five for $100

I have a question. I know only one person per cabin needs to buy the package. But can anyone in the cabin pick up the photos or does it need to be picked up by the person who bought the package? Examplemy sister and my niece are all traveling together in the same cabin. I bought the package but can my niece that’s in my cabin go and get her photo that’s just a photo of her alone. Or do I have to go in get the photo of her and then give it to her :

Anyone in the cabin can pick up the pictures. The photo package is by cabin, not person. It doesn’t make any difference who in the cabin purchased the package, everyone in the cabin has the package. So if there is 1, 2, 3, 4, etc of you, a photo with at least one of you is included. When you pick up photos, they ask for your room key to verify if you are in that cabin.

Edited by RSF Cruiser

We were on the Island last year and got the photo package for $99 .

It was the best !! We took many pictures on the ship and came home with 67 pictures.

We will do it again for our next cruise if we can.

Do you have to stand there at the wall and find all your pictures or do they do that for you?

I've always thought it would be easier to find the pictures if they would put names on the pictures.

We’re traveling in a group of 10 cabins. If I buy the package, do I need to be in the picture for it to be included in the package or can pics of others in the group (not in my cabin) be included?

To be considered as part of the all inclusive package, at least one person from the cabin that purchased the package needs to be in the picture. There’s no problem with having people who did not purchase the package in the picture.