Doing An Excursion The Day We Board The Ship

Just wondering if anyone has ever done an excursion (bought from the ship's excursions) the day you board the ship.

I'm looking at one for Barcelona. It leaves at 9:15am but we won't be on the ship yet.

My question is - what to do with our luggage, if we take it to the port, will there be porters that can take our luggage that early? I'm pretty sure that we won't be able to check in that early. If we leave it at the hotel, then we will have to take a cab from the port to the hotel and back just to get our luggage. Seems silly to do that.

Please help if you have a simple answer for me.:confused::confused:

Moose12345,

Great question! I have been looking into excursions through a company that offers to pick you up at the hotel with luggage and drops off at the ship at the conclusion. I would love the option of dropping the luggage at the ship and sightseeing with fellow cruise members. Please keep us informed on what you find out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why not just do something on your own in Barcelona or book something based in town. You can always leave your luggage in storage at the hotel. At the end of your tour/activity you just swing by your hotel, pick up your luggage and head off to the ship. Much simpler process with lots more options than the ship might offer.

I did a tour the day I boarded the ship but I used Barcelona Day Tours. They were great I did the 1/2 day city tour it was a great highlights tour. It was a mid sized bus and they had plenty of room for luggage. Dropped me off at the ship in plenty of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk