Labadee food

Labadee BBQ lunch is typical picnic food. Dang does every meal people get have to be a gourmet offering. To prepare all that food and bring it off the ship is a huge undertaking. There is only so much you can do with pre formed hamburgers and hot dogs. Put your favorite condiments on them, make a salad with salad dressing and keep it stepping it’s just to provide a little something to eat on your beach day for God’s sake. Man I glad I grew up eating all types of food including C-rations and MRE’s in the military and not so dag gon picky!

Got that right. Army Brat/Army Vet here, from 1970-2006 ate Army chow from a can or MRE's.. At home was Meat and Potatoes. First did Labadee 1980's, back then was real Rustic Barbecue...

Love the BBQ at the beach. I'm land-locked so eating lunch on a beach thrills me. There's a wide variety and I often go back to try something I didn't get the first time through. It's sometimes hard to find a seat and you will have to wave a few flies away that want you to share but it's a BEAUTIFUL beach and for me, nothing is better than looking at the beach while eating a burger or a hot dog with some watermelon salad and a sipping a Labadoozie. Spill something on yourself? No problem. Just step up to the outdoor shower (or a sneak into the kids area to get splashed) and you're cooled off and nothing sticky. After lunch, I get my exercise by walking to the Marketplace for a small purchase or two. Another short walk to the beach and it's time to head back to the ship.

Love the BBQ at the beach. I'm land-locked so eating lunch on a beach thrills me. There's a wide variety and I often go back to try something I didn't get the first time through. It's sometimes hard to find a seat and you will have to wave a few flies away that want you to share but it's a BEAUTIFUL beach and for me, nothing is better than looking at the beach while eating a burger or a hot dog with some watermelon salad and a sipping a Labadoozie. Spill something on yourself? No problem. Just step up to the outdoor shower (or a sneak into the kids area to get splashed) and you're cooled off and nothing sticky. After lunch, I get my exercise by walking to the Marketplace for a small purchase or two. Another short walk to the beach and it's time to head back to the ship.

I agree. The last thing I am going to do is waste 2-3 hours going back to the ship for lunch. The BBQ has plenty of stuff and we are always in/out in less than an hour and back in our loungers!