Has anyone ever been off loaded because you have been injured on board ship

I´ve never been to Harwich and I don´t know whether the port is suitable for the Navigator.

steamboats

It used to be a embarkation port for RCL for Baltic cruise. I have boarded similar sized RCL ships there. Don't know when RCL stopped using it. Very handy cruise port, the train station is right next to the cruise terminal.

I was an ortho RN for 11 years. Although we would rarely do surgery the day of injury (usually bcz of no OR / surgeon time), as long as the patient is medically cleared the surgery would be the next morning. It is EXTREMELY painful. We would have the patient on IV drips and IV pain medications before and after surgery. Females would have a urinary catheter d/t the logistics of not being able to sit up let alone walk. The immobile patient is also very susceptible to pneumonia.

I want to know what they did for the O.P. 2 days in her room. I can't imagine! And I agree, RCI should at least make an effort to check on her.

I hope you get home swiftly.

I am shocked that they would just send you back to your cabin with a fractured hip! That is the equivalent of just sending you home. The fact that their beds were uncomfortable......say what? It was beyond their ability to come up with an answer to that? Could they not have brought your cabin bed and mattress into the medical centre and continued to provide medical and nursing care for 2 days? How did you manage with pain relief and using the bathroom? :o

Guys I am pleased to say thank you to the post on here. Royal have now made contact.

My advice is always travel with travel Insurance and never break a hip. Child birth is definitely less painful.

Guys I am pleased to say thank you to the post on here. Royal have now made contact.

My advice is always travel with travel Insurance and never break a hip. Child birth is definitely less painful.

Glad to hear they have finally been in touch. Hope you mend quickly and get home soon.