Sushi on Five Question

LWeiler77

I'm a HUGE sushi lover, and will be sailing to Alaska in August on the Solstice for our very first cruise. I know Sushi on Five is one of the specialty restaurants, and since my husband and I are in a Sky Suite, I purchased a Specialty dining package for 3 days/nights. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can use that for a lunch service, since the folks we're traveling with, who are in the penthouse, are planning to go during that time. I've noticed it appears to be a la carte - is there an all-you-can-eat option? Will one of the 3 Specialty Dining package days cover it? There is a specific offering for $20 worth of sushi to add to my trip - is that the way I should go? My husband and I would like to eat there, and I want to know what the best option would be. Thank you!

I'm a HUGE sushi lover, and will be sailing to Alaska in August on the Solstice for our very first cruise. I know Sushi on Five is one of the specialty restaurants, and since my husband and I are in a Sky Suite, I purchased a Specialty dining package for 3 days/nights. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can use that for a lunch service, since the folks we're traveling with, who are in the penthouse, are planning to go during that time. I've noticed it appears to be a la carte - is there an all-you-can-eat option? Will one of the 3 Specialty Dining package days cover it? There is a specific offering for $20 worth of sushi to add to my trip - is that the way I should go? My husband and I would like to eat there, and I want to know what the best option would be. Thank you!

No all you can eat option at Sushi on 5 and not included in the dining packages.

On the Eclipse back in October, we were offered, and accepted a $20, A-Y-C-E deal, which we took. You just have to ask and find out if it's offered on your ship.

If it is offered, it'll most likely be for the first nigh or toward the end of the cruise.

THe Sushi is good and the kobe sliders were my SO's fave - she doesn't eat fish!

Just off eclipse and went to Sushi on 5 three times. yes, you can use one of your dining package restaurants for Sushi and you can go any time. As part of the dining package, they gave us each 35.00 towards the meal and it covered all of our food. We did this with a group of six. You will be fine to dine with friends and use the package

You can use the dining package for lunch and will have $35 credit each for food. From the website regarding Dining Packages:

"Book different restaurants for lunch and dinner, or revisit your favorite restaurants over and over again… the choice is yours."

"Guests dining in Sushi on Five or in Raw on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill."

We love Sushi on 5 for lunch and had lunch there 5 out of 7 days on our last cruise. We didn't have a dining package and paid full price (had some OBC). We never went over $70 for both of us so hopefully $35 will be enough when you don't have the all you can eat $20 deal (an excellent deal).

We have found that the service is amazing in every Sushi on 5 that we have visited. We always get a window seat and have a peaceful, delicious lunch. :D

... I've noticed it appears to be a la carte - is there an all-you-can-eat option? There is no published all-you-can-eat option. However..... if you have a quiet chat with the dining room host/manager during a slow period other options may be offered....

Sushi on Five always seems to be much less busy than the other specialty restaurants, so you may be able to negotiate an advantageous deal if you inquire discreetly.

We were on the May 4th Equinox sailing and they were HEAVILY promoting Sushi on Five. It seemed as though everywhere we went, pool, buffet, bars, dining room (yes, even the dining room) we were asked if we wanted to make reservations for SOF. Quite honestly, it became pretty annoying.

Message to Management - if you have to chase people down to make reservations to your specialty restaurant, it may be time to reconsider the format.

There was an all you can eat option on the Solstice in November, the portions are pretty big & for us it was less money to do the a la carte option. I believe the price was $20 or so. The Sushi & Sashimi selections were just so-so, if you live somewhere where you're used to fresh fish you might not enjoy them, however, the rolls, & other items were excellent... on a couple of sea days my husband just got their sliders to go for lunch & ate them by the pool :) Awesome drink selections as well, a few that weren't offered anywhere else on the ship, & believe me, we tried. :D BTW, you have to ask about the all you can eat option, it's not posted anywhere, just ask at the check in desk. :)