Silhouette Sky Suite Selection

mtgmentsch

I will be in a S1 in August cruising Ireland and Iceland. My decision is whether to choose cabin 9376 which has staterooms above and below or jump on the opportunity to get cabin 2148 which has the outside deck of the restaurant above it.

I have been in this cabin before but did not remember sound issues of chairs scrapping the deck during colder climate sailings; however, last year in the cabin next door it was a little annoying in a Mediterranean cruise with a warmer climate. What are your thoughts.

Also, has anyone noticed a difference in cabins and/or sizes between decks.

Finally, what about butler service on the lower decks. Is there a difference in service and response from the butler to service those locations as there are only two suites on the deck.

Thanks

Alan

We were on the Infinity in May in a Celebrity Suite on Deck 8, which only had 6 suites, whereas most suites are on Deck 6. I have to say that I felt a little bit excluded. Our butler was great, it wasn’t him. But we made great friends with couples on Deck 6 and they seemed to be more included in things. For example, most of the suites (from Sky Suite on up) were invited to a private bridge tour, but we were not, even though we were in a Celebrity Suite.

Also, all of the Deck 6 butlers seemed to know everyone in all the suites, except for those of us not on Deck 6.

We had switched from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite for the separate bedroom, but I wish it had been on Deck 6. Having said all that, I really liked our suite so I’m still glad we had it.

I should also mention - our butler told us that each butler takes care of 12 suites. So if there are only 2 suites to a floor, your butler will probably be on different floors a lot, and you won’t see him as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have not stayed in Cabin 2148, but have stayed in S1 cabins on the S-Class ships. I, personally, would keep cabin 9376 because it will not be right underneath the very noisy buffet. The cabin size on the S1s are all the same as are the balconies with the exception of the balconies on Deck 6 which are a bit smaller. Butler service just depends on your expectations, etc. We have not seen any difference in service based upon our deck level on the ships. Enjoy your cruise.

Having stayed in S1 suites on deck 7&8 after they have discontinued the daily in-suite tea service I have to say we hardly ever saw our butler. Now I'm sure if we called they would be right there to do whatever we needed, but just didn't have the daily contact we had been used to.

Having stayed in S1 suites on deck 7&8 after they have discontinued the daily in-suite tea service I have to say we hardly ever saw our butler. Now I'm sure if we called they would be right there to do whatever we needed, but just didn't have the daily contact we had been used to.

I think that many of us who cruise regularly in suites miss the ‘touch base’ contact that afternoon tea service used to provide.

On our last three cruises we have still requested afternoon tea to be delivered to our suite but as our butler was often on duty in Michael’s Club it was delivered by an alternative butler.

On Eclipse the wonderful Caesar overcame this by always collecting the empty tea tray himself...It did make a difference to communication.