Bliss Juneau Dock

marysbert

The AJ dock - it's a bit further south of the other docks on the map - I've heard there's a shuttle that will go from the boat to the Mt. Robert's Tram area. I can confirm this next week or someone else may be able to jump on and confirm now.

The AJ dock - it's a bit further south of the other docks on the map - I've heard there's a shuttle that will go from the boat to the Mt. Robert's Tram area. I can confirm this next week or someone else may be able to jump on and confirm now.

Thank you Joycruises! I was hoping for one of the closer docks. I have a 7:30 checkin time at Mt. Roberts Tram for a Whale Watch / Mendenhall Tour. I'm feeling a time crunch in Juneau due to our short time in port. Not sure if I should cancel.

I was on the Bliss last week and yes we did dock at the AJ Dock. There were free shuttle buses roughly every 10 minutes. They drop you off at the Mount Roberts Tram area and pick you back up at that location. Easy peasy.

Was the wait long to get on the shuttle? I need to meet a tour at 7:30.

No, we didn't have to wait at all. Walked right off the ship to a waiting shuttle. Same with on the way back. There was already a shuttle there near the tram for the return trip back to the ship. Maybe we just lucked out with timing, but stress free experiences for us.

Was the wait long to get on the shuttle? I need to meet a tour at 7:30.

I suggest you ready to go and in line a 1/2 hour prior to the posted time.

Of course there can be waits. You're on a 4000 passenger ship with the bulk of those people wanting early off the ship. Buses hold 50 people? One claim of no line is hardly a given and won't pertain to your experience.

I have arrived at this dock multiple times on smaller ships. 25+++

Thank you Joycruises! I was hoping for one of the closer docks. I have a 7:30 checkin time at Mt. Roberts Tram for a Whale Watch / Mendenhall Tour. I'm feeling a time crunch in Juneau due to our short time in port. Not sure if I should cancel.
When do you cruise? We may have the same excursion. We are doing ours via a 3rd party so might be a slight different time. I have a 7:45 start at the same spot. We will be on the June 23 sailing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

When are you sailing we have the same and was concerned about making it for 7:30. I called tour company and they said the two cruises so far have not been a problem and everyone arrived but at the last minute.

You should be fine. But get in line for disembarkation. The gangway opened at 6:40 am last week. Don’t walk. Wait for the shuttle. The fill fast and keep moving.

When are you sailing we have the same and was concerned about making it for 7:30. I called tour company and they said the two cruises so far have not been a problem and everyone arrived but at the last minute.

We sail on June 23rd.

I suggest you ready to go and in line a 1/2 hour prior to the posted time.

Of course there can be waits. You're on a 4000 passenger ship with the bulk of those people wanting early off the ship. Buses hold 50 people? One claim of no line is hardly a given and won't pertain to your experience.

I have arrived at this dock multiple times on smaller ships. 25+++

Thank you, we will be in line 30 min prior!

My grandson and I have that Mendenhall/whale watching tour the week of July 7, but we booked through NCL. I have been thinking of calling and switching to the 1:00 pm Tracy Fjord Sawyer Glacier catamaran tour. It looks breathtaking and I am pretty sure we will see whales and seals on it. The thought of getting my old self up and about and an 8 year old (oops he will be 9 by the time we get to Juneau!) up and ready and to wherever we need to be by 7:30 (probably the tram) seems a bit un vacation like for this teacher on a summer vacay!

Are you using Juneau Shore tours for your tour. We are going on that tour for whale watching and Mendenhall . I am having the same concerns. Our tour begins at 7:30 and ends at 12:30. Would love to know if there is anyone out there that has taken this tour successfully

Thank you, we will be in line 30 min prior!
Marysbert, who is your tour operator? I was out of town this week and just got back and checked my paperwork. We have Dolphin jet boat. Appears we meet at the tramway as well but our checkin is not until 7:45 and departs at 8

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Can you tell which nights are formal? Thanks!

There are no formal nights. NCL embraces “dress up or not”. Freestyle dining is the absolute best.

You can dress up.

You can wear shorts to all MDR every night.

The only restaurant that require long pants (just long pants - jeans, dockers) is Le Bistro and Ocean Blue specialty dining.

My grandson and I have that Mendenhall/whale watching tour the week of July 7, but we booked through NCL. I have been thinking of calling and switching to the 1:00 pm Tracy Fjord Sawyer Glacier catamaran tour. It looks breathtaking and I am pretty sure we will see whales and seals on it. The thought of getting my old self up and about and an 8 year old (oops he will be 9 by the time we get to Juneau!) up and ready and to wherever we need to be by 7:30 (probably the tram) seems a bit un vacation like for this teacher on a summer vacay!

Yes. Switch or add the glacier Catamaran Tour. It was magnificent. Plus the Bliss didn’t get anywhere near the glacier last week.

Yes. Switch or add the glacier Catamaran Tour. It was magnificent. Plus the Bliss didn’t get anywhere near the glacier last week.

Will do! Thanks a bunch! Reviews I read of the Mendenhall tour combined with whale watching was that they did not get close to the glacier either. That they went to the Visitor's center and saw it in the distance, with no time to hike closer.

Will do! Thanks a bunch! Reviews I read of the Mendenhall tour combined with whale watching was that they did not get close to the glacier either. That they went to the Visitor's center and saw it in the distance, with no time to hike closer.

You can also just buy a bus ticket from one of the tour buses at the port. We did that and we got to choose how long we spent at the glacier. We hiked to nugget falls and got fairly close to the glacier. We also saw a bear on the way so that was cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also just buy a bus ticket from one of the tour buses at the port. We did that and we got to choose how long we spent at the glacier. We hiked to nugget falls and got fairly close to the glacier. We also saw a bear on the way so that was cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the suggestion, but for me, being so far from home with the grands I am a bit nervous to go outside of the safety net of operators guaranteed to have me to my ship on time or the ship will wait. I know, silly, but I am an old lady traveling with my precious grandbabies who only have passport cards so I am playing safe.

Next time I will go with a friend and be more adventurous. I am sure this will not be my last Alaska cruise, as I have a daughter in Anchorage,