NCL Bliss Alaska Review with 2 Kids

floridian1

OP, I have a question. It sounds as if at Tepanayaki they did not charge you for a "seat" for the kids? Am I inferring correctly? Did you only make a reservation for 2 and bring the kids to eat off the kids' menu (plus the free soup and fried rice)?

My grandson will be turning 9 during the cruise and loves the hibachi "show," so we were thinking of visiting there on his birthday night, but I know he and his 3 year old sister will not eat $40 worth of food. From earlier postings, I was given the impression kids are charge the adult rates at Tepanayaki because they take up a seat. Perhaps if we go at 10 pm it will be less crowded and not an issue. Any advice/information is appreciated.

Thank you for the family review! We sail in 4 weeks and this is only our second cruise and first on NCL. My daughter is 11 and loves musicals in general. If I warn her upfront about the adult content do you think it would be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really depends on you and your family and the maturity of your daughter. My son turns 11 next year and I wouldnt let him see it.

OP, I have a question. It sounds as if at Tepanayaki they did not charge you for a "seat" for the kids? Am I inferring correctly? Did you only make a reservation for 2 and bring the kids to eat off the kids' menu (plus the free soup and fried rice)?

My grandson will be turning 9 during the cruise and loves the hibachi "show," so we were thinking of visiting there on his birthday night, but I know he and his 3 year old sister will not eat $40 worth of food. From earlier postings, I was given the impression kids are charge the adult rates at Tepanayaki because they take up a seat. Perhaps if we go at 10 pm it will be less crowded and not an issue. Any advice/information is appreciated.

You HAVE to make the reservation for 4. They will not charge you for the kids if they don't order an entree from the menu. We did not order them entrees but we have ate at Teppenyaki 3 times on 3 NCL cruises and every time they give the kids the soup/salad and fried rice at no extra charge. I also ordered them food from the kids menu.

Great review! We also learned the hard way (except we did not get any reservations!!) on our first ncl cruise that everything books up immediately. Silly us, we thought freestyle meant we could do anything we wanted. That first ncl cruise was 3 years and the app was just as annoying then and has not improved. Not sure what NCL is doing with that. Also, it drives us crazy how limited the hours are on top deck with NCL! We love NCL but this has made it so we only go on them once and a while. They really need to change this. I will never forget one cruise where one of our children's favorite activities was the spider climbing thing in the sport area and it was only open for a couple of hours on some days and we waited there for it to open on 2 occasions where once the staff did not even show up on time, and another time showed up but to tell us it would not open. It is a playground, for crying out loud! My child did not understand at all why it was there but he could not go on it. Very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your very detailed and helpful review. We are sailing the Bliss in SIX DAYS - yay! We have friends who went and also said their son didn't want to leave Splash Academy. Good to know they've improved the activities for kids. Q. What's gagaball competition? And as far as the chair hogs in the observation deck, does that mean people put stuff down and then come back later - like pool decks in the Caribbean (grrr...). TY!

Thank you for the review. I am going in August and I can't wait. Question about dining at Cagneys, (or what other restaurants can you do this on) can you request to be seated outside and or is that a different reservation than the normal one? First time NCL upgraded dining and I am trying to understand what to ask for when I get on board. Most things are already booked and I understand to ask when I get on board but looking to find out what to specifically ask for. Thanks in advance for the help, and a great post.

• 1 month later...