Seafood Shack

Megan_Strick

I will have to wait until Feb 2020 to try the Seafood Shack on the Panorama. As a Connecticut native and specifically the shoreline, born/raised in New Haven and was a resident of Clinton before I moved to the seafood lovers paradise of Phoenix Arizona ;) I can tell you I never saw a lobster roll with mayo in nearly 40 years in that state..not one. They are just called lobster rolls served with drawn butter and they are spectacular!!. If you ever find yourself driving along the CT shoreline do yourself and your taste buds a favor and stop in at this shack..it is awesome!! At high tide the water would splash up between the floor boards https://newengland.com/today/travel/connecticut/lobster-landing-best-lobster-roll-in-ct/

We were on the Conquest last Nov and will be on her again in Feb. 2019. May have to give the Shack a try. But I doubt it will be any better than some of the seafood places on CAPE COD especially the the fish that I catch

I'm sure it most definitely will NOT be! :D

Who deep fries non breaded seafood??? It’s the incorrect oil temperature that makes any deep fried foods greasy.

You're partially correct.

It is BOTH, the breading and the oil temperature. If you don't understand the different absorption rates of different types of breadings, there are countless articles based on scientific, quantitative analysis from reliable sources. Try reading some. Here's one from the United States Department of Agriculture, but there are many more from sound bodies of science... https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/30200510/Tawanna-Publisher3/2011%20-%20Breadings%20-%20What%20They%20Are%20and%20How.pdf