My Adventure review, Mom perspective

What a fantastic read! I'm on a completely different ship (Oasis in August) but loved reading about your trip and ideas! I have 2 teens, so your insight into the teen activities was perfect and I even called my girls over to show them snippets of your postings.

Our girls have been on a Disney cruise, but never RCL. I think they are excited about this trip as much as I am, and this will be my 5th cruise :)

I agree with other posters - writing is definitely a gift you have! And your family is beautiful.

We're taking our granddaughters on Adventure in April, 2020. It'll be their first cruise. They will be 13 and 15. One is artsy and the other athletic. It sounds like there will be plenty for both to do. I haven't read your entire review yet but so far it's great. One question and if you cover it at some point I apologize - did you get internet access for the kids? I'd like them to be able to update their friends during the trip but I worry about them getting bogged down online and missing the fun.

We're taking our granddaughters on Adventure in April, 2020. It'll be their first cruise. They will be 13 and 15. One is artsy and the other athletic. It sounds like there will be plenty for both to do. I haven't read your entire review yet but so far it's great. One question and if you cover it at some point I apologize - did you get internet access for the kids? I'd like them to be able to update their friends during the trip but I worry about them getting bogged down online and missing the fun.

I do cover it but no, we did not get it. We were very very happy that we did not get it. The kids can make it an entire week without it. Especially if you are in a port that they can get WiFi. We had it once in Port Canaveral and then not again until the end of the cruise. They were just fine. Honestly, no one complained.

I do cover it but no, we did not get it. We were very very happy that we did not get it. The kids can make it an entire week without it. Especially if you are in a port that they can get WiFi. We had it once in Port Canaveral and then not again until the end of the cruise. They were just fine. Honestly, no one complained.

Thank you. That was our plan as well.

We live in New Jersey, and last weekend, we were driving to a baseball game. As we are getting closer to Bayonne, my wife says: "This is the way to the ship". Yes, it was. Less than an hour drive for us. We will be on Anthem in December. You might look into booking Anthem. Bigger ship, different things to do, For us, it will be an 11 day cruise, so lots of time to unplug. Love and Marriage, and The Quest are both tons of fun. Adults only, but we have participated in both. Had a blast. Glad you had a great time.

Regards,

Mike

We also live in Ohio, just a little east of Cincinnati. With the discount airlines available from CVG now its so much easier and cheap to fly from here compared to just a few years ago and we can be parked at the airport in about 40 minutes. I drive a lot for my work and part of my vacation is NOT to be driving....especially to Florida where we are taking Adventure from next March. Its at least a 17-18 hour drive non stop and the flights are 2 hrs so yea.....Im good! I didn't mention, I loved your review and pictures......very good job!!!

Enjoyed your review and it brought back memories for me. We boarded Adventure the morning you disembarked. NYC looked about the same that afternoon as it did for you in the morning. Luckily we had a spectacular sunrise on our disembarkation day a week later. We also had a great cruise...

We live in New Jersey, and last weekend, we were driving to a baseball game. As we are getting closer to Bayonne, my wife says: "This is the way to the ship". Yes, it was. Less than an hour drive for us. We will be on Anthem in December. You might look into booking Anthem. Bigger ship, different things to do, For us, it will be an 11 day cruise, so lots of time to unplug. Love and Marriage, and The Quest are both tons of fun. Adults only, but we have participated in both. Had a blast. Glad you had a great time.

Regards,

Mike

I am definitely looking at the other ships for next year out of Bayonne. I’d love a few more days as well. Thanks for the advice.

We also live in Ohio, just a little east of Cincinnati. With the discount airlines available from CVG now its so much easier and cheap to fly from here compared to just a few years ago and we can be parked at the airport in about 40 minutes. I drive a lot for my work and part of my vacation is NOT to be driving....especially to Florida where we are taking Adventure from next March. Its at least a 17-18 hour drive non stop and the flights are 2 hrs so yea.....Im good! I didn't mention, I loved your review and pictures......very good job!!!

I can totally understand that perspective! I don’t mind driving but I think the big bonus to driving there was not having to worry about my luggage weight and carry-ons and all that. I’m sure we will leave from Florida eventually, but this next year will probably be Bayonne again because of the different ship options.

And thank you! Glad you liked it.