My Adventure review, Mom perspective

Lil Turano - I can hardly wait until YOUR next cruise! It was so interesting following along with your family's "Adventure" and reading your blog! I can't wait until the next one begins. Any thoughts about when you might try it again? Did the kids enjoy it as much as you and your Hubby seemed to? Best Regards.

Lil Turano - I can hardly wait until YOUR next cruise! It was so interesting following along with your family's "Adventure" and reading your blog! I can't wait until the next one begins. Any thoughts about when you might try it again? Did the kids enjoy it as much as you and your Hubby seemed to? Best Regards.

The kids absolutely did. Everyone has the cruise blues this week. We’ve laughed a lot remembering moments and I’ve even shed a tear over the lack of creme brûlée. (Ha!)

We discussed next summer and they are totally “onboard” with another cruise. We enjoyed leaving out of Bayonne and are looking at dates, ships, and itineraries now.

Truer words have never been spoken.. While in Alaska, it dawned on me that I was spending too much time behind the lens.. Same way in Havana..

I had to tell myself to put the camera away and enjoy the spectacular sights that were right in front of my eyes..

Take pictures but leave your phone/camera behind too. It was great to really be present and not worrying about where my phone was.

Take pictures but leave your phone/camera behind too. It was great to really be present and not worrying about where my phone was.

Truer words have never been spoken.. While in Alaska, it dawned on me that I was spending too much time behind the lens.. Same way in Havana..

I had to tell myself to put the camera away and enjoy the spectacular sights that were right in front of my eyes..

Thanks for the review! We will be taking our three kids on Adventure and have also booked two interiors. We can’t wait! Sadly, it’s not for over a year because we decided that we’d rather avoid taking our youngest on a cruise until she’s 3.

I was wondering how the kids would find Adventure since we had originally booked Allure but switched due to itinerary and a good deal. Looks like there will be plenty to keep them busy! It will be their first cruise and they’re already looking forward to it.

Speaking of phones, we did not bring any additional charging cables or what have you with us. We had the 2 outlets per room and I had read about power surges so we didn't plug our phones directly into the outlets. Instead we brought a few power banks and charged them.

I'm curious what you've "read about power surges" that makes you think it's unsafe to plug your electronics into the ship's power supply?

Everything that I've ever seen chengkp75 post on the subject basically says that surge protection isn't needed on a ship because of the nature of the ship's electrical system.

I'm curious what you've "read about power surges" that makes you think it's unsafe to plug your electronics into the ship's power supply?

Everything that I've ever seen chengkp75 post on the subject basically says that surge protection isn't needed on a ship because of the nature of the ship's electrical system.

You know, now I’m not sure. I could totally be wrong, it was something I remember reading along the way while researching. I am by no means an expert at all, if someone else knows better than please disregard what I said.

Great review, thanks so much!!!! I am also the "planner" of the family and will be taking my husband and 8 year old son on their first cruise next April. Hoping he enjoys the kids club activities so we get a little "quiet" time, but mainly just excited to be on a ship again!!!!

e7cb77bdc5ee05302bd127f681a43ede.jpg292b24d17175acb61d7006abd5b294a5.jpg06d68198ef05439b8db7fffb1a51bb41.jpgaebb90435dbbfa3f3f1032747e3605fd.jpgab615ff6790a6502458a9557b386b484.jpg541ca6f2fb8e82006ca2a1bcd759448b.jpg

Place your bets! What animal do YOU see??

Elephant??? Loving this review! I am also a planner and pack everything we could possibly need(cue field boys at last weekend's baseball tournament, "Do you ladies have scissors?"...to which I replied, "I DO!".[emoji1]

We sail on Adventure next May. The first for 3 of us and you have me so excited!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I was following along as I love to read reviews from other Ohioans. I've been on Adventure before but it was before the water slides and multi-level golf course (it just means I need to go back).

Great review - it was nice to re-live some of the adventures I've had in the past.

And as for cruising while living in Ohio - it just means we have more choices as we need to travel to a port anyway. If you can swing it, I would say check out the sailings out of Florida. You gain so many more options in ships and destinations starting out being farther south. And my other tip - if you do check out Florida flight costs, toss in San Juan, PR as well. Some times during the year, the flights are just slightly more expensive than flying to Florida (YMMV).

Welcome to the cruise addicted club!

I was following along as I love to read reviews from other Ohioans. I've been on Adventure before but it was before the water slides and multi-level golf course (it just means I need to go back).

Great review - it was nice to re-live some of the adventures I've had in the past.

And as for cruising while living in Ohio - it just means we have more choices as we need to travel to a port anyway. If you can swing it, I would say check out the sailings out of Florida. You gain so many more options in ships and destinations starting out being farther south. And my other tip - if you do check out Florida flight costs, toss in San Juan, PR as well. Some times during the year, the flights are just slightly more expensive than flying to Florida (YMMV).

Welcome to the cruise addicted club!

Thanks for the welcome! We will check it out for sure. Bayonne has some big ships for next year so we may be back, it’s nice to save that airfare on a family of 5, but Florida and Puerto Rico are still on our radar. Thanks for the tips!

Thank you so much! My husband is determined to do laundry (never at home - just on vacation I guess!) This is our 7th cruise and he's shocked there's no laundry room on AOS (they've been gone from all ships for YEARS - last I can recall is Disney in 2006 - so I'm not sure of his memory!) He keeps telling me that he needs to wash shirts and socks. Every time he mentions it I cannot help but be confused at him!! LOL

Sapphire Princess still had them as of February, 2018.