36 Hours in Havana with trip to the beach....photos

kristinp36

Hello all.....we just returned from our RC cruise to Key West and Havana on the Empress. We booked a private tour with Blexie Tours and had Isbel and Monolo for our 36 hours in Havana. Day 1 we did their standard tour and Day 2 we drove way outside of Havana to visit the countryside and see Varadero Beach. It was an amazing experience and trip.

The pictures included in the link below are some of the cruise, our day in Key Westand our 2 days in Cuba. It was a great trip with lots of history, art,culture, amazing food, and of course classic American cars. The Cuban people werevery welcoming and we had an amazing tour guide for both days. Feel freeto ask any questions about Cuba, Blexie Tours or the Empress.

RC%20Empress%2006-2018-9696-L.jpg

Wonderful photos! We’re booked with Blexie in August, and Isbel is our guide as well.

How far is Varadero from Havana? The beach looks beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is far....about 2.5 hours each way. Our guide and driver live near there and wanted to take us to that beach. There is a beach much closer to Havana but they said it wasn’t as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your photos, especially all the public art, particulary that modern sculpture of the see-though couple. Where was that? So impressed that you thought art photos important enough to include here. Thank you.

We are going early next year aboard Empress in an interior, which we love and always book. I have heard Empress' interiors are super small.

Love your photos, especially all the public art, particulary that modern sculpture of the see-though couple. Where was that? So impressed that you thought art photos important enough to include here. Thank you.

We are going early next year aboard Empress in an interior, which we love and always book. I have heard Empress' interiors are super small.

There were sculptures everywhere. The modern sculpture is in San Francisco Square right across from where the ship docks. Many of the building are artwork in themselves with lots of color and carvings.

The rooms were small. We hadn't done an inside in a few years so that probably made it feel even smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the tour guide give you an itinerary or did you tell him where you wanted to go? How lucky my did you tour and did you go for lunch and shopping?

They have a standard itinerary but will customize to your interests. We did lunch and rum/cigar shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk