Route of the Vikings Live on Board

galeforce9

Wow! Those ARE high prices for excursions. But, isn't everything in Iceland quite expensive? I haven't been there, but that is what a friend who travelled there told me.

That water looks quite choppy!

Well I’ve booked a 10hr plus superjeep tour in akureyri tomorrow, which includes the main akureyri sights of Lake Myvatn and Godafoss, along with Dettifoss, the focus of a Seabourn trip today and husavik. The cost, with another couple, is around £420 per couple, which I think is excellent value for such a small group. I agree that it is hard to find such opportunities in Iceland, both for private tours and for ones that are manageable in price.

Here are the Senior Officers list and the Passenger Nationality list from the Guest List:

3d3deb5a170e64adb6ccc68c5072aa2c.jpg78321a9fb6e3ce0ea34608b5d8882f4d.jpg

Interesting the highest per capita nationality representation is Lichtenstein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the Senior Officers list and the Passenger Nationality list from the Guest List:

3d3deb5a170e64adb6ccc68c5072aa2c.jpg78321a9fb6e3ce0ea34608b5d8882f4d.jpg

I am eating up your wonderful pictures, galeforce, especially those of the foods!

Can you, as someone from UK, speculate why there are so many more Australians than Brits on board, especially considering it is easier to get to and from this cruise for UK people than it is for Aussies, and the population differences? Is there perhaps a big Australian group traveling together?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the continued wonderful pics Galeforce. Food looks good!

Catlover, I'll be interested to hear Galeforce's thoughts about your question but would like to share mine too.

I would very much like to take this cruise, given my heritage it's pretty much top of my bucket list.

But my holiday time off from business is precious and honestly, given how little sun and warm dry weather we usually see in my region of the UK, I prioritise my holidays to include sunshine, warmth and some rain free days. So that eliminates this cruise for me currently. In a few years' time when I have more leisure time I'll hope to take a similar cruise in addition to having time available in the same year to take some warm weather cruises too.

We often cruise with four friends, one couple lives close to us and they're of the same mindset. When they have only two or three weeks holiday time they invariably want to spend it somewhere warm and sunny.

I have taken a mostly cold weather cruise but it ended in Fort Lauderdale and I made sure to add several days in Florida to the end of my trip!

edited to add - I realise this doesn't explain why Australians are attracted to this cruise but it perhaps goes some way to give one explanation as to why it's less popular with UK cruisers than other itineraries.

Hi airtana. You mentioned on another thread that your partner was doing a blog in your Riviera trip. Have you got details of this?

Mark

Yes, we did a live blog on our Riviera Cruise this past spring. If you go to the Oceania boards, our last report on the Med can be seen on the dare May 5, titled Oceania cruise - live from the Riviera iconic med. and then go back to April 21st for the last post on our Transatlantic portion titled Oceania cruise - live from the Riviera. Hope that is if help

By the time I got my “proper camera” they’d gone ☹️

It's still a great picture! I was in the Obs. having afternoon tea on one cruise and someone spotted a breaching whale way off in the distance. Not possible to get a photo but everyone in the lounge was excited and it was a very special moment.

Had a fantastic walk up through the town’s avalanche defences to a lovely waterfall and views over the town and ship at anchor. There were quite a number of Seabourn tour groups doing a walking tour up there. Good to see so many fit passengers!