Which CL do the French people sail?

kaymoz

As I explore the many cruiselines, particularly the non-luxury options, I am wondering if I am missing something that could be really important to me!!

There are Costa and MSC for the Italians; Pullmantur for the Spaniards; AIDA and maybe some others for the Germans; P&O, Thomson, and Cunard for the British; etc.

But what about the French passengers?!! They can't all cruise on Ponant, which is Luxury all the way. I want to find out which ships will be dominated by their language, their food, their ways of interacting with others.... just like everyone says MSC/Costa will be for Italian.

Does anyone know of any (non-luxury) ships on which the French culture now prevails?

Which line is the current choice for the average-budget French family?

France has so many beautiful vacation spots and generally mild weather. I wonder whether many French cruise at all. Even Ponant advertises for English speakers whereas Tui Mein Schiff doesn't because they can fill their ships with German speakers without problems.

On our Aranui trip in French Polynesia, at least half of the passengers were French. You can book one of the budget cabins.

MSC do some departures from Marseilles; at one time Celestyal had a ship also home ported there, but I can't find it now; I believe Cruise and Maritime had some cruises on Astoria- I think that was the ship- but again I can't find any recent news. Some ships out of Southampton pick up at Le Havre.