Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

Two things -

the new Vanity Fair arrived today and yours truly's letter to the editor was published responding to their article. At least I got to get in a few brief points!

I saw that letter and wondered if it was you! Excellent points you brought up! I must admit that I do miss my daily update from all of you sleuthers, but I guess this has become a 'cold case'.:(

Two things -

the new Vanity Fair arrived today and yours truly's letter to the editor was published responding to their article. At least I got to get in a few brief points!

That's cool! Can you print your letter here or is that not allowed?

Here it is - I would guess it is ok. Don't really know. If it goes away, I guess we'll know.

Thank you for a long-overdue, balanced perspective on the disappearance of George Smtih. As a dedicated cruiser, a stockholder of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, and an interested follower of this case, I think the reporting for the most part has been horrendous. With the exception of Greta van Susteren, the pandering to the Smith family has been ridiculous. I feel for their loss and consider George's death a tragedy, but mightn't the couple's reckless behavior have contributed to his death? Whether it was an accident

or foul play, the cruise line did not directly cause his death. While no cruise ship fatality or disappearance should be ignored, it is safer to cruise than it is to drive on most of America's freeways. I hope the FBI releases its findings and that this family is given closure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived