NCL Star, Greek Isles with 10 year old

This is for anyone who has taken kids on this cruise.

MIL turns 70 in February 2019. Bucket list cruise is Greek Isles, mainly Santorini. My concerns are:

1. Ship is the Star, which doesn't have all the "fun stuff" for kids for when we are on the ship (even if limited time)

2. Itinerary - were your kids bored to tears LOL

Any opinions are welcomed :)

There is so much fun stuff to do in Greece that I doubt that he will be bored. Instead of riding the cable car in Santorini ride the donkeys. Go to the beaches. In Athens let him watch the guard change, and have his picture made with the guards. Show him where the Olympics were held. There are lots of castles, and other fun things that he should enjoy.

I took my 7 and 9 year olds on the Jade to Greece a couple of years ago. They loved it! We talked about the Greek Gods and all that before we went, so they were excited to go. They had a great time and still talk about it.

I took my 7 and 9 year olds on the Jade to Greece a couple of years ago. They loved it! We talked about the Greek Gods and all that before we went, so they were excited to go. They had a great time and still talk about it.

This is a good idea. Maybe the OP can get the child some Percy Jackson books to peak their interest!

Seems like a great opportunity to plan fun activities to learn about geography and history between ports. The kid's club is sure to have fun things too. And I think being able to come up with ways to have fun themselves without electronics or external arrangements is an amazing strength to help your kids develop.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for your input! She is quite adventurous and has only been on one cruise (Escape) and she already has the bug! lol
Best of luck!

I second the suggestion of seeking fun, age-appropriate fiction set in the area as a way to bring the locales to life. Or if she's not a reader, artwork or crafts.

Our son was 10 when we did a similar on the Jade. He loved everything in Greece as he was really in to the Percy Jackson books at the time. Was great to see the references in real life.