Amsterdam Hotel Location Suggestions

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2018 at 1:18 AM, Ine said:

You cannot be overwhelmed by the size of Amsteram as it is much smaller then any US city. Apart from that it is very walkable with excellent public transport. You can stay the cruiseport but if you stay more days maybe one around Museumplein ( for the musea) or around Rembrandtplein, or even one along the canals might be better. Many hotels have been mentioned in the past, so if you use the search function you will find lots ofi information about that.

Even going out of the city, is easy. Again excellent public transportation to e.g. Zaanse Schans, Delft, Haarlem etc.

Please, if you were to choose between Elements, near the convention center, or the W, in city center-which would you choose? I have read that the W can be noisy at night & Elements is a bit inconvenient but includes breakfast & each room has a kitchenette. Would location be a deal breaker?

I prefer the location of the W, since it is city centre and you can easily walk around the canals there, make a canalcruise etc. but also it is easy to take public transportation etc. Staying in the Elements you indeed need public transportation or cab/Uber since you are more away from many things.

14 hours ago, Ine said:

I prefer the location of the W, since it is city centre and you can easily walk around the canals there, make a canalcruise etc. but also it is easy to take public transportation etc. Staying in the Elements you indeed need public transportation or cab/Uber since you are more away from many things.

Thank you!