Taxi to the runway bar

mlleach

Maho Beach? Have done it several times and loved it! There were many more plane landings before the hurricane hit last year. Now it's a few large airliners and a lot of "puddle jumpers". Not as many tourists flying to St. Maarten due to damage to most of the hotels there.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Maho Beach is always the highlight of my cruise. The bar on the beach lists the arrival times on a chalk board.

Im on Anthem next week for my next bit of extreme plane spotting but am also concerned that there will be fewer flights since the hurricane and also the lare 1230 arrival may mean we will miss the USA arrivals.

We've done that twice in the past and loved it seeing as how I am an aviation/airline enthusiast that place is like the mecca for people like me. As others have mentioned, I think the hurricane damage really slowed down the frequency of the flights in and out so it may not be very busy anymore as far as big commercial airline traffic.

Be wary of the time as well as to when you're leaving to go back to the ship. There is quite a bit of traffic on the roads and can sometimes take your taxi longer than expected to arrive back at the port.

The most often quoted price I have seen on these boards is $8 per person each way via taxi, $2 per person each way via bus/van. I don't think it is a government regulated price however, so you may find something different.